Each year I put together a Valentine’s Gift Guide. I usually add a disclaimer to them something like “I am throwing this together as an excuse to talk about rose-scented things and things to get me out of a winter funk”. My disclaimer is the truth. So, instead of saying this is some sort of gift guide, I’m going to be frank. This is a list of 14 ridiculous things that I wish I could buy myself in the middle of February. It has nothing to do with Valentine’s Day but Valentine’s Day shall be my excuse:
1. Diptyque Rose Delight Candle – This is a limited edition candle that is a powdery Turkish Delight inspired rose. Retails for $68 at Beautyhabit.
2. Natasha Denona Diamond & Blush Palette in Darya – I’ve never wanted a blush palette so badly in my life. These shades seem so perfect for my dull, “is winter over?” skin. Retails for $89 at Sephora.
3. YSL Paris Perfumed Body Lotion – I adore this fruity rose fragrance. I like the idea of it as a body lotion because I think it would layer nicely with other scents too. Retails for $48 at Nordstrom.
4. Fenty Beauty Gloss Bomb Universal Lip Luminizer – Everyone has this lip gloss except for me. So, I want it. Retails for $18 at Sephora.
5. Laura Mercier Flawless Skin Infusion de Rose Nourishing Oil – I got a sample of this oil and it’s nothing super special but I love it. It has a faint rose fragrance and some decent oils. I’ve used it in my foundation for a dewy look. Using it does make a difference for my dry, flaky, winter-is-gross skin. Retails for $65 at Sephora.
6. Santa Maria Novella Melograno Olio Bagno – This is a very powdery, very strong floral scent that is old school and I adore it. For some reason I’ve been craving it lately. This emulsifying bath oil retails for $80 at Beautyhabit.
7. Caron Blush in Rose Poudre – It’s all about the packaging but this is a great shade. I’ve never been unhappy with any of the Caron powders I’ve purchased. Retails for $55 on Amazon.
8. Lancôme Absolue Precious Cells Revitalizing Rose Lotion Toner – I’m sure this is a gimmick, but I can’t help myself. Look at those suspended roses! This is the sort of luxurious crap I want in my life. Retails for $58 at Nordstrom.
9. Floris Rose Concentrated Mouthwash – Lol, I’m going to put a $55 mouth wash on this list because I can. Also, I’m delusional. Available at Beautyhabit.
10. Atelier des Ors Lune Féline Perfume – As of today, this is my favorite vanilla perfume. You can read about me raving about this vanilla-cardamom in my review. Plus, it has gold flakes in it. That’s luxurious. Retails for $275 at Osswald.
11. Chanel Huile de Jasmin – This is an overpriced face oil, but I have to have it. It smells like a faint Chanel-y jasmine, plus that packaging. Just look at it! I don’t own this. This is why I don’t take shelfies. Retails for $120 at Chanel.
12. Leonor Greyl Masque Fleurs de Jasmin Nourishing Hair Mask – While I’m still on my foolishness, let’s add an expensive jasmine-scented hair mask to this list. Retails for $65 at Beautyhabit.
13. Ex Nihilo Ultra Rose Candle – Yes, there is already a rose candle on the list, but why stop with one? This is a greener garden rose sort of rose. I’m obsessed with it. Retails for $75 at Saks.
14. Byredo Flowerhead Shower Gel – I want to bathe in a bouquet of florals. Here’s my review of the perfume. The shower gel retails for $50 at Saks.
So, that’s my ridiculous, frivolous wishlist of luxurious crap I’m probably never going to buy myself. But, I like the thought of it all. Any of it stand out to you?
Need more ideas? Here’s my Gift Guide from 2017.
*Beautyhabit, Sephora, Amazon and Saks contain affiliate links. Thanks!
8 thoughts on “Stuff to Buy Yourself for Valentine’s 2018”
Yes to all of the above. I’m not a blush person, but that Natasha Denona looks so pretty! But ouch says my wallet!
Why, oh why do I want a blush palette this expensive?! I’m trying to justify the silly thing by “cost per wear” because it does look like something I’d wear a lot of.
I don’t even wear blush and I want it!
It’s pink. It makes me think of spring. I need it.
The colors look similar to an Elf cream blush palate I got a Target a while ago. Really pretty colors, I just haven’t used it though. For just about the cost of this one, I can get a distaff and learn how to spin flax which right now is on my to-do list.
What’s terrible is that I have that elf one you’re talking about! I have a problem…and for the record, that elf one is such a great deal. The creams blend well and look natural on my complexion. I just want the ND one because well, it’s also pretty and has more shimmer. Is it *that much* better…probably not. Or at least this is what I’ll keep telling myself!
WOW! I want every single one of those! Especially the Flowerhead bath gel. I forgot I had the perfume and you’ve inspired me to spritz some on today.
I want that shower gel so badly! It’s such a great fragrance.
Comments are closed.