Like I have said before, I ordered many samples of High Voltage Cosmetics Eyeshadows because I can’t resist a BOGO deal. Here is a review and swatches of 5 shades that I call “mermaid” shades because they remind me of the ocean and summer!
1. Shimmery Eyeshadow in Kiss & Makeup – I love this shade. It’s a pearly peach with tons of fuschia shimmer. This color makes blues eyes look bright. I can’t wait to mix it with rusts or warm browns. Oh, and golds. It’s a great color.
2. Shimmery Eyeshadow in Risky Business – Another beautiful shade. This is a pearly seafoam shimmer. I love mints and teals with brown eyes.
3. Shimmery Eyeshadow in Drop Dead Gorgeous – A medium Prussian blue that borders on purple on me with tons of purple and teal shimmer. I see this one looking amazing with green or hazel eyes.
4. Shimmery Eyeshadow in Bright Tights – A muted seafoam, duller than Risky Business. This one has silver and pink shimmer. However, on the lids, this shade isn’t too different than Risky Business. I don’t think someone needs them both in their collection. I think Risky Business works better for me.
5. Shimmery Eyeshadow in #1 Crush – This is a beautiful jewel tone shade. It’s like a blue-green emerald with blue shimmer. This shade makes a really nice liner for blue and green eyes. It layers nicely over gel eyeliners. Pat the loose shadow on with an angled liner brush. I love this sort of shade with dyed red or auburn hair.
So, what I did for this look was apply e.l.f. Mineral Eyeshadow Primer. I patted on Kiss & Makeup in the center of the lid. In the inner corner of the lid, I patted on Risky Business. On the outer corner of the lid, I patted on Bright Tights. On the outer corner of the eye, winging up, I blended Drop Dead Gorgeous (which for some reason the camera picks up as one eye heavier than the other, arghh!). I lined top and bottom lash line with MAC Eye Kohl in Minted. Over minted, with a stiff slanted liner brush, I applied #1 Crush. Under the brows, as a highlighter, I applied the lightest shimmer in Milani Shadow Wear Quad in Autumn Earth. I curled lashes and applied a coat of Hard Candy Ginormous Mascara in Carbon. FYI- On my cheeks I’m wearing L’Oreal True Match Blush in Precious Peach. On my lips over Rosebud Salve, I’m wearing MAC Lipstick in Vegas Volt, a coral cream.
My favorite shade out of all of these is Kiss & Makeup. It is the color that makes my eye color “pop” the most.
These shadows retail for $5.50 for the full-sizes. I bought the $1 samples which come in a little baggie. These are available at High Voltage Cosmetics.
Want more reviews & swatches? Try…
Mascara & Mineral Junkie (#1 Crush swatch + more)
Fashioned in Finland (Bright Tights swatch & much more)
Makeup Zombie (Drop Dead Gorgeous swatch + more High Voltage)