Jack is looking for a fragrance gift for his sister. And like all good sisters she shares with Jack her fragrance preferences: clean, floral, maybe a little crisp, but not too fruity. 🙂 And like all good brothers, Jack has no idea what this means. He needs suggestions! His sister is looking for “her scent”. Jack says she likes something from Victoria’s Secret, “apple”, I’m thinking maybe Pear Glacé? Here are my clean floral slightly crisp perfume suggestions:
1. aroma M Geisha Blanche Perfume Roll-On – This is my “niche” suggestion. Geisha Blanche reminds me of just getting out of the bath after using expensive European soaps. It’s a light, airy white floral that is clean and fresh. It’s cool and refreshing without being aquatic. However, it does have lychee but I wouldn’t call Geisha Blanche “fruity”. The fruit balance is perfect in this clean floral. This is a perfume oil that retails for $44. It can be bought at Candles Off Main.
2. Annick Goutal Un Matin d’Orage EDT – This is my “luxury” suggestion. Un Matin d’Orage conjures up a humid, wet garden. It’s a humid floral blend of jasmine, gardenia, and magnolia. It reminds me of a lovely garden in Savannah. No fruits. Lasting power isn’t too wonderful. It wears lightly. The 1.7 retails for $80 and is at Lucky Scent.
3. Nudité Intense Fragrance Pen – Designed as an “anti-perfume”, Nudité is a sheer, fresh floral with an Egyptian musk like base that is meant to mimic freshly cleansed skin. It’s too “clean” for my tastes, but this little pen has a cult following. I was at Nordstrom when this was first launched there and people were going nuts for it. The roll-on retails for $48 at Indie Scents.
4. Philosophy Eternal Grace EDP – This is a very popular clean, crisp floral! This one is very easy to wear. It’s a crowd pleasing floral with crisp, energizing citrus. The citrus adds enough tarteness.The 2 oz. spray retails for $40 and is available at Philosophy and Sephora. Gift sets area always available.
5. Estee Lauder Pure White Linen EDP – Another “popular” scent, Pure White Linen is a modern interpretation of the not-to-be-confused-with classic, White Linen. Pure White Linen is a clean floral with much more greenness than the classic, more aquatic. However, this one has more fruit in it than the others that I’ve mentioned. The 1.7 oz retails for $49.50 and is available at most department stores like Macy’s.
If you have any more to add to this list or want to “vote” on any these, please do. I think the safest choices are aroma M Geisha Blanche and Philosophy Eternal Grace based on her fragrance adjectives.
* And of course after thinking about this and saying I’d narrow it down to 5, Sula Sun-Kissed Citrus came to mind because it reminds me a little of VS Pear Glacé. It’s really fruity/citrus with white flowers. It’s a happy fragrance. The 1 oz. bottle retails for $32 and is available at Ulta.
I’m trying to keep the list simple. Buying fragrance for someone else is difficult but it is fun. It shouldn’t be intimidating. Lots of thought has went into choosing this fragrance. Sis will most likely love it 🙂
3 thoughts on “Find Sis A Scent”
May I suggest the original Juicy Couture? Not too intimidating a transition from a VS scent, but a well-done floral, initially crisp and fruity and then a nice light woody tuberose.
That is a good suggestion. I really like the original Juicy Couture. I agree that it is very well-done. It still feels flirty, light and just enough fruit to keep it from being a “stuffy” floral.
My vote is for the White Linen, that’s what my sis wears 🙂
Comments are closed.