According to my usual amount of Empties per month, I didn’t empty as much. I started “fresh” with skincare and hair stuff, so it’s going to take a few months 🙂
Here’s what I bought this month (since I’m trying to keep track of that as well)- A natural shower gel and some natural shea butters, some Taiwanese sheet masks, a few Haus of Gloi products and a makeup palette from Lunatick, a deep conditioner and for some reason Maybelline Color Tattoo eyeshadow, Chanel Rouge Allure Lip Gloss (lovely packaging) and Armani Rouge Ecstasy Lipstick (yep, another one).
L’Oreal Silky Sheer Face Lotion SPF 50 – This is a liquid chemical sunscreen with a high SPF. I’ve used many sunscreens like this (liquid and you have to shake) and I think for the price that this one is excellent. It’s lightweight for this high of an SPF, blends easily and doesn’t leave a white-ish tint.
- Repurchase? Yes for summer (unless I find something better). I will use a creamier sunscreen with a lower SPF in the fall/winter.
Kiehl’s Eye Alert – This is an eye gel and I hate it. And I don’t know why I continued to use instead of throwing it out. It’s drying and does nothing good for me.
- Repurchase? No.
Hydroxatone Anti-Aging BB Cream in Medium – This is one of my favorite BB creams even though I know it’s not for everyone. I love that it’s full coverage and I love the finish (it replaces foundation for me). Full review here. However, it would be perfect if they left the orange oil out of it.
- Repurchase? Yes.
Humphreys Witch Hazel Lilac Toner – I know that Paula would absolutely hate this toner because it represents everything she is against (fragrance and witch hazel!), but I like it. It’s a witch hazel based toner that smells strongly of lilacs. Yeah, I wouldn’t recommend it to those with sensitive skin but my skin seems to do OK with it.
- Repurchase? Yes. It’s something I buy maybe once a year.
Hey Pinkgo Girl! Black Rose Sheet Mask – This is the first time that I’ve tried sheet masks from this Taiwanese brand and OMG, I love it. So moisturizing. My skin was soft for days after using this.
- Repurchase? Yes!
Innisfree It’s Real Broccoli Mask – This is a lightweight serum mask that is meant to hydrate and sooth. I used it at a time when my skin was being really sensitive. It has a faint clean aroma and moisturizes. Thank goodness it doesn’t smell like broccoli 🙂
- Repurchase? I guess.
Tatcha Aburatorigami Blotting Papers – Does just fine, I use it throughout the day, especially humid days.
- Repurchase? Yeah, probably. But, I usually buy cheaper ones but sometimes I give in and buy these just because, well, I can.
Conclusion – It’s time to “winterize” my routine. I’m now finished with my “lighter” summer stuff.
- Repurchase? I do like the fragrance but it’s not my favorite from the line. I may reconsider in the spring/summer.
Infusion Organique Small Candle in Sands of Morocco – It’s like a Shalimar-ish candle. Smells so good.
- Repurchase? Truth is that I have too many candles as is, but yes. I do love this scent.
- Purchase? I really like it but I’m undecided. I *do* have things like it in my collection. This is what I tell myself.
LUSH Vanillary EDP (sample) – I have a full-size but ended up the last few drops that were in this sample. Full review.
- Purchase? Already have a bottle.
Conclusion – I get this word sort of satisfaction from using an entire candle.
BATH & BODY
- Purchase? I would. I wouldn’t mind trying the body cream in this scent too.
Kerasys Oriental Premium Soap (not pictured) – I really like this Korean brand’s shampoo and conditioner. Their soaps are OK (and usually licensed with like Van Gogh or Marilyn Monroe). This one was new to me and I liked the cute blue and white “hat box” packaging. It’s a basic soap with a clean floral aroma.
- Repurchase? Probably not. I like other Korean bar soaps better. It wasn’t a bad soap or anything, I just want to try something else.
I’m Natural Pearl Soap – Another Korean soap that I can’t read but I’m guessing it’s a whitening/brightening soap because it’s pearl. I do know this brand claims to be natural. It has a light, clean lavender aroma.
- Repurchase? Yeah, if I see it around. And sometimes I do.
Haus of Gloi Bubbling Scrub in Peach Mama (mini jar, not pictured) – I love the formula of these. I loved this scent from the first day that I’ve tried it but it has grown on me even more. It’s like peach practicing magik. Full review.
- Repurchase? Yes. And in the big size.
C.O. Bigelow Lavender & Peppermint Lotion – This is a lightweight lotion that smells exactly like lavender and peppermint which is refreshing but also sort of medicinal smelling.
- Repurchase? No. It was fine on hot summer days but I don’t want to smell like lavender and peppermint.
Conclusion – I used a lot less bar soap this month…and I miss it already. Do you have any favorite bar soap brands? I’m always wanting to try new brands.
Conclusion – I can make hair stuff last forever…
Conclusion – Oh, I need to cut back on buying color cosmetics…but I love them so.
Total: 16 . 11 full-size, 3 deluxe/travel size, 2 samples.
What about you? Which products did you use up in October? Did you purchase anything in October? Did you throw out anything?
*Post contains a few affiliate links. The Amazon links are to the sellers that I purchased those items from. I’d buy from them again.