I love to create gift guides. But, I have to admit that I don’t like creating Mother’s Day gift guides. Why? It’s difficult for me to group “moms” all in the same category. Moms are diverse people with differing interests and with a wide age span. It’s difficult to be like “buy this for someone just because they probably wiped your snot when you were a kid”. So when I create a Mother’s Day gift guide, I have to go be inspired by the mothers in my life and think about what they would want. So, here you go:
1. L’Artisan Parfumeur Amber Ball – I have been more than pleased with mine. It’s gorgeous and it smells gorgeous. It’s a slightly spicy amber. I’ve had mine for 2 years and it still throws. I always recommend this as a gift because I find people rarely buy this for themselves but are always happy to have it. And it’s a terracotta ball; it looks good as a decoration. The small one retails for $90 at Beautyhabit.
2. NEST Liquid Hand Soap in Blue Garden – NEST Fragrances has added one of their best fragrances to their hand soap line. Blue Garden is a lush, dewy spring floral. You can read my review of the candle here. This hand soap is one of my favorites as the scent does linger. Retails for $22 at NEST.
3. Soap & Paper Factory Room Diffuser in Lavender – Ahh, breathe in and relax. This is a calming lavender home fragrance for mother’s suite. Retails for $32 at Soap and Paper Factory.
4. Olfactif Perfume Subscription Program – Mom loves perfume? Want to share your perfume hobby with your mom? Olfactif is niche perfume subscription program that will send 3 samples right to your door. Subscriptions are $18 a month and there’s a discount for longer term commitments (6 month or 1 year) to the program. You can read all about it at Olfactif. And here’s my review.
5. Phoenix Botanicals Sold Perfume Locket in Meadow & Fir – This is a floral printed locket filled with a generous amount of all-natural solid perfume. Meadow & Fir is a honeyed, balsamic fir fragrance. These lockets are refillable. Other fragrances are available but I love the meditative quality of this one. Retails for $58 at Phoenix Botanicals.
6. Opus Oils Mother Perfume – Hello, it’s all in the name! This is a delicious woodsy fig with rose. Here’s my review. There are a few sizes of this perfume but I highly recommend the limited edition 1 oz EDP with the art nouveau medallion that retails for $90 at Opus Oils.
7. NARS And God Created The Woman Set – This is an all about the eyes gift set that comes with a #3 Eyeshadow Brush, Pro-Prime Shadow Base and a palette featuring 6 wonderfully neutral eyeshadows. This is one of those kits that will get used. Retails for $59 at Sephora.
8. Molton Brown Saffron & Patchouli Gift Set – Here’s my pick for the mommas from the rocking 1970’s. Saffron & Patchouli is a rich patchouli with savory saffron and a hint of badass leather. This set includes a full-size body wash and body lotion with a colorful cosmetic bag. Retails for $86 at Molton Brown.
9. Cire Trudon + Arquiste Merida Candle – One of the most luxurious candle lines around has paired with Arquiste perfumes to make a perfume that smells realistically like a guava tree. Overripe fruits with bark and leaves. This candle is on my wishlist. Retails for $90 at Beautyhabit.
10. Houbigant Quelque Fleurs Parfum – A rich, powdery floral…in parfum form. A classic since 1912. Retails for $240 at Nordstrom.
11. Butter London Fashion Week Survival Kit – This is one of those kits that will get mileage. It contains a Nail Foundation, Hardwear, Stiletto Stick and a Nail Laquer in Yummy Mummy, the “universal shade”, a light fawn with silver shimmer. Retails for $58 at Beauty.com.
12. Ayala Moriel Hanami Sachet – OK, so I’m on a vintage kimono kick, I admit that openly but I have to say that these are nifty. This is a sachet made from vintage kimonos that contain Japanese cherry blossoms, patchouli and spices. They retail for $15 each at Ayala Moriel.
Need more ideas? Here’s my gift guide from 2012.
What will you be getting mom this Mother’s Day?