When I was putting together this list of the most worn perfumes of summer 2015, I almost felt like I had some sort of amnesia. This summer felt so long. Thanks to my Favorites posts, I had some idea of what I wore the most. And also those posts helped me realize that there wasn’t something wrong with me or my memory. This was a super busy, borderline disorientating summer for me.
It was our first summer on the East Coast. It’s hot and humid in the tri-state area. And we have to interact with it a lot. There’s no car commutes. Instead it’s standing in the subway platform saunas dripping liters of sweat. It’s intense.
I spent a month in Tennessee taking care of family stuff. I drove the dogs back up to New Jersey. I’ve already forgotten about this.
Next, I had family stay with us. This is stressful but I was happy to see them…now that I can look back at if from my empty house. But, it was one after another.
A lot went on. A lot. No wonder I was having difficulty remembering perfumes when I can barely remember what was what this summer…and where it happened.
Fragrance wise, like my life, I was all over the place. I was wearing a lot of different types of perfumes. However, there was a common theme. Or I should say, brand. Here’s what I wore the most of during summer 2015:
12. Terveer Green Perfume Oil – I found out about this fragrance later in the summer. It’s a grassy green fig. It lives up to its name. Full review.
11. Juliette Has a Gun Gentlewoman EDP – Gentlewoman is a rather classic “eau de cologne” with an addition of almond and white musk. It was great in the heat. Full review.
10. Chanel Les Exclusifs Misia EDT – I bought this when it came out because it was love at first sniff. It’s a powdery rose and violet that’s so Chanel.
9. Serge Lutens La Fille de Berlin EDP – I didn’t know how to feel about this one when it first came out. I still don’t. But, I do think humidity does it some good. It’s a sheer rose with a little bit of cardamom. I like it. Full review.
8. Serge Lutens Fleur d’Oranger EDP – I went through a short phase of glamour girl white florals. And this is one of my favorite glamorous white florals. It’s like a dense orange blossom with grape jelly. Full review.
7. Chanel No. 5 Eau Premiere EDP – I wanted something fresh but not the usual “eau de cologne” that I wear in the summer. This is elegant without being too much in the heat.
6. Chanel Allure Homme Sport Cologne EDT – And then I wanted to smell like boring eau de cologne and this is great for that. I also ended up being stuck in Nashville with this, so that’s how it got worn the most. But, it’s nice. Simple and nice. And totally unisex. Full review.
5. Lady Gaga Eau de Gaga EDP – I was so surprised by this one. And not only surprised that it was good for a celeb scent, but surprised that I loved it. It’s a fresh violet and Earl Grey tea with lime zest. It was perfect for hot weather. Full review here.
4. Charenton Macerations Christopher Street EDP – I found myself wearing this zesty leather a lot. It does good in every season. I think I was drawn to it for a few personal reasons. Reasons like stomping around Christopher Street and being in New York City. And also marriage equality in the US. It’s just such an amazing scent to me on so many levels. Full review here.
3. Diptyque Philosykos EDT – I had burnt myself out on figs. I used to be a fig fiend. And then I had enough of them. Well, 2015 marks another fig fiend stage for me. I was feeling them. Full review.
2. Thierry Mugler Cologne – I’m boring and predictable. I’m sorry. But, this is such an easy one for me in the summer. It’s an old standby for me. It’s great for those days when I’m like “It’s HOT. I quit!”.
1 .Chanel Les Exclusifs No. 18 EDT – I’m all about this Chanel this year. This is a green iris and ambrette. I really think I could wear it most days. I love it. Full review here.
Did you see a reoccurring theme? It was Chanel. I can’t help it. It’s what I liked this summer. Actually, it’s just what I like these days. I’m all about aldehydes, flowers and Chanel.
What did you find yourself wearing the most of this past summer? Any surprises? Old favorites or new favorites?
Here’s what I wore the most of last summer. I was all about Serge Lutens and citrus.
BYE, SUMMER! I’m so ready for autumn. So ready.
*Sonja Henie pic from www.fanpix.net.