The past few days have been gloomy, cool and rainy. Seattle’s rainy season is here! And that means it’s fall. This cool weather has me thinking about my favorite cozy fragrances for the home. And honestly, I can’t wait for the weekend so I can curl up in my cashmere robe with my pile of lazy/fat frugs, read a good book, drink all the coffee I want and surround myself with some of these home scents:
1. NEST Pumpkin Chai Candle – In my opinion this is the best pumpkin spice home fragrance on the market and I’m not going to bother putting any other ones on this list. This one is all you need. Full review. Retails for $34 at Nordstrom.
2. Frostbeard Studio Sherlock’s Study Soy Tart – This is a sweet pipe tobacco for your wax warmers by a fun indie brand. It pairs nicely with a rainy day. Retails for $6 at Frostbeard Studio.
3. Shoyeido Kyo-nishiki Kyoto Autumn Leaves Incense – I’ve been burning this for so many years now. It’s a sandalwood with spice that is smoky, sort of like burning leaves (which I think is great). Retails for $3.50 at Incense Warehouse.
4. Maison Francis Kurkdjian Lumière Noire Incense Papers – It’s Kurkdjian’s take on Papier d’Arménie. These papers are scented with MFK’s dark, sultry rose. Retails for $25 at Luckyscent.
6. Belle Fleur Palo Santo Candle – I’m keeping with the amber theme here. Palo Santo is an exotic, smoky woodsy scent with powdery florals and amber. It’s a really sophisticated amber home fragrance. Full review. Retails for $74 at Belle Fleur.
7. Archer Hunting Lodge Room Spray – This is gunpowder and damp timber, like a cabin in the woods, all in an industrial looking spray can. Retails for $14 at Archer.
8. NEST Japanese Black Currant Diffuser – Another NEST product has made the list. I can’t help it that I really like this brand. This is an amazing “harvest” fig with sandalwood. And NEST reed diffusers have great throw. Retails for $38 at Nordstrom.
9. Votivo Winter Cranberry Candle – OK, the name says winter and this is an autumn guide, but it’s cranberries and that reminds me of Thanksgiving. This is a tangy cranberry with evergreens. I’m not usually one to like tart, fruity scents but this one is really good. Full review. Retails for $15 at Candles Off Main.
10. The Laundress Cedar Scented Drawer Sheets – One can’t go wrong with essential cedar oil. This will keep your folded sweaters smelling nice and also throw a sheet in with any summer clothes you’re putting in storage. Retails for $18 at Beautyhabit.
What are some of your favorite home fragrances? What time of scents do you start craving for the home this time of year?