This is one of my favorite gift guides to put together. Goth is its own subculture with similar cultural influence but the final product over the years has resulted in a diverse aesthetic. I don’t claim to be a goth expert. I’m just a grown-up that never outgrew my collection of Fields of Nephilim leather hats. This is my gift guide for those that find beauty in the dark, complex and eerie. This is the gift guide for all those beautiful weird girls, freaks and misfits – my kind of people.
1. Belmacz French Powder Puff in Onyx: Hades – All makeup wearers need one of these (or a Caron one). And goth gals need to get white face powder all over this puff. Retails for $72 at Beautyhabit.
2. Anna Sui Loose Powder – This is for all the closet goths, office goths and still goth-at-heart on our list. The packaging of Anna Sui items is so goth lolita. It comes in three not-so-theatrical shades and retails for $45 at Beauty.com.
3. Roxana Illuminated Perfumes Figure 1 Noir Solid Perfume Locket – This is one of the few perfumes in this world that deserves the “noir” name. This is a deep, dark patchouli that reminds me of a H.P. Lovecraft tales. And you can get this fragrance in this gorgeous art locket. Retails for $65 at Roxana Illuminated Perfumes. Here’s my full review.
4. Guerlain Khol Me Kajal Eyeliner in Noir Volcanique – Oh, goths need eyeliner. It’s like water and air. This is a glamorous khol eyeliner by such a romantic brand. Retails for $37 at Nordstrom.
5. Persephenie Rose & Frankincense Heart Opening Candies – Most of the goths I know where their heart on their sleeves and that’s why we love them. This is a tin of complex rose and frankincense pastilles. Retails for $14 at Beautyhabit.
7. NEST Fragrances Hand Cream Gift Set – This kit contains 5 mini hand creams in the NEST fine fragrance scents. These are mainly on the list because I love the packaging. It helps that they smell great too. Retails for $38 at Sephora.
8. Super Black Nail Polish in Weird Girl – Super Black is a line of handmade indie nail polish. Weird Girl is this interesting metallic that is a nice alternative from the staple black. Stay weird. This is why we love you. Retails for $12 at Super Black.
9. Beatnik Emptiness Incense Cones in Telepathic Greenskeeper – Yeah, this is my brand, so that’s my disclaimer. But, I think the Stephen King lover in your life will get a kick out of this freshly cut grass-motor oil fragrance. Retails for about $20 at Beatnik Emptiness.
10. OCC Lip Tar & Nail Lacquer Set in Black Dahlia – Yeah, blackened red lip color and nail polish PLUS Detox Icunt! Need I say more? Get this for the club kid on the list. Retails for about $30 at Sephora.
So, that wraps up my gift guide for the glorious freaks on your list that fancy the vampy.
Need more ideas? Check out my 2012 Gift Guide for your Favorite Goth. Many of these items are still available.