I apologize for posting my gift guides so late this year. I’m busy and I keep telling myself better late than never. I know that I mainly make these guides for myself so my thought is that it doesn’t matter when I post these. These are merely reminders of the sort of things I want to buy myself.
Here’s my annual holiday gift guide for glamorous types that would be happy to have back-seamed stockings in their stocking! This is the gift guide for those that appreciate the timeless elegance of red lipstick, perfectly set hairstyles and oval-shaped manicures. Even if one can’t live the Old Hollywood fantasy lifestyle of silk dressing robes and a MGM contract, one can add a little bit of glamour in their daily lives with any of the items here:
1. Avon True Color Mistletoe Kisses Lipstick Set – I almost cried when I found these because these little minis are what I can blame my lipstick addiction on. I lived for these minis and they were always my favorite gift. Now they’re back for Avon’s Anniversary Collection (if you like vintage Avon, check it out!). You get 60 samples for $25 at Avon.
2. Estee Lauder Time for the Queen Pressed Powder Compact – I’m sorry that I include these every year but they are such a vintage concept to me. It’s a refillable compact you’d actually want to pull out post-dinner. This one is Alice in Wonderland themed. Retails for $150 at Saks.
3. Anna Sui Dolly Head Makeup Coffret in Sally – Anna Sui has launched the most adorable makeup kits for their 20th anniversary. Sally contains all the vintage-with-a-twist basics you’d expect from this brand. There’s a black liquid liner, red lipstick (that is shaped like a rose!) and a red glitter nail polish. Retails for $40 at Anna Sui.
4. Parfums de Rosine x Le Snob No. II Vintage Rose – I have been so into this 70’s inspired collection from Parfums Rosine. No. II Vintage Rose smells like a retro rose, a green floral in huge shades and a fashion turban. Retails for $195 at Beautyhabit. Full review.
5. Tom Ford Black Orchid Body Spray (get picture) – I put this on here because it has such a 70’s/80’s vintage vibe with its packaging and concept. It’s Black Orchid but in a sleek looking body spray. Retails for $49 at Saks. Review of the perfume here.
6. NCLA x The Jewish Museum Helena Rubinstein Nail Wraps in Emotion – OK, OK, so maybe nail art as we know it isn’t really a “vintage” thing but these nail wraps/decals are wonderful. There are a few sets to choose from but this graphic/mod black and white print is inspired by a perfume from the late 60’s, Emotion. Currently on sale for $5 at The Jewish Museum.
7. Parfums de Marly Delina – There are many fruity roses out there, but I think Delina trumps them all. It’s the best in the genre PLUS it comes in a romantic pink/white bottle that looks like it was made for an empress. Retails for at $290 at Nordstrom. Full review.
8. Bésame House of Bésame Sheer Color Lipstick in Mint Rose – Sometimes we don’t want to wear red lipstick. Bésame has our backs. They have launched a line of sheer, stain-like shades with a minty flavor housed in a pretty pink tube with a Gibson Girl on the box. Retails for $22 at Modcloth.
9. Benamôr Rose Amélie Hand Cream (get image) – This Portuguese brand has the prettiest vintage-inspired packaging. This hand cream isn’t greasy and has a delicate rose fragrance. Retails for $12 on Amazon.
10. Chanel Venise Shower Gel (get image) – This was one of the perfumes that I wore the most of in 2018. So, I was delighted to see that they launched a bath/body line in this scent. Plus, the packaging is very Art Deco fab. Retails for $50 at Nordstrom. Perfume review.
If you’d like more ideas, here’s my guide from 2017.
*Modcloth, Saks, Nordstrom and Amazon contain affiliate links. Thanks!
3 thoughts on “EauMG’s 2018 Holiday Gift Guide for Vintage Beauties”
OMG!! I had forgotten about those Avon lipstick samples. My aunt used to give them to me, and I think this fueled my passion for red lipstick. I think I need this.
Thank you! I will definitely buy most of these for myself too!
Comments are closed.