Hug your Auntie! My holiday gift guides are back! And I apologize for the last minute of their arrival. The past few months are frankly wearing Auntie Mame down. But, after the holidays, I only have one semester of grad school left!
Anyway, back to the annual EauMG holiday tradition of gift guides. It’s better late than never, right? Previously I referred to this guide as the “Holiday Gift Guide for Sweet Nieces and Teens” but I wanted to find a word that was more gender neutral or something I could use collectively. These days I have five nephews (another was born this year!) and one niece. I was told to use the word “nibling”, which I can’t stand because it sounds a little cannibalistic but, whatever. That’s all I have to use right now. The English language has all these words and that’s the best we can come up with? Really? I feel like we could do so much better. But, until then, these are the words I’ll use.
Here’s my Holiday 2016 Gift Guide for those young ‘uns that want to play in Auntie Mame’s beautiful things…
1. Mizon Essence Full Sheet Mask Set – If you need a cheaper “stocking stuffer”, I suggest sheet masks. Everyone loves them. They’re great for creepy photos/snaps. Also, slapping snail slime on your face helps you bond with your peers. Contains a variety of 16 for about $14 at Amazon.
2. LUSH Orbital Bath Fizzer Gift Set – It’s been my experience lately that teen girls are obsessed with these because it makes for cool Instagram pics. Plus, they’re essentially a waste of money, so they love that too. This set contains 5 bath fizzies (please note that one is called “Sex Bomb”, so avoid if that is awkward. But, it does smells amazing, so there’s that). Also note that this is wrapped and ready to go…perfect for last minute, which is my minute of choice these days. Retails for about $44 at LUSH.
3. e.l.f. You Glow Girl Prismatic Set – e.l.f. has been killing it lately. They have a lot of great, on-trend and great quality makeup products for a cheap price. This kit has all the great 90’s/00’s redux that the kids are into (again) these days. There’s highlighters and UFO-ish shimmer and a cool bag all for $23 at e.l.f.
4. Ariana Grande Moonlight Fan Box – I thought this perfume was perfect for Ari’s demographic and it’s actually enjoyable. It’s a marshmallow floral with a cute “bunny tail” bottle. There’s a lot of stuff in this kit. I don’t even know what but it’s for fans and I’m sure we all have one of those in our family. Retails for $69 at Ulta. Review here.
5. MAC Snow Ball Basic Brush Set – Brushes are expensive so a lot of new, in-the-making MUA do not have good ones. But, good brushes make a difference. And good brushes can last many, many years. Help out a new MUA by buying them a basic brush set like this holiday one from MAC. Retails for about $50 at Nordstrom.
6. Sephora x Moschino Shopping Bag Eyeshadow Palette – This collab is really adorable. I like that it retails for under $20 and has good “daily” shades. I just want a nibling to give this to and then we can binge on The Nanny episodes while I school them on Fran’s Moschino duds. Retails for $18 at Sephora.
7. Nails Inc. Sparkle Like a Unicorn Set – I mean, this set really has the sparkle bases covered. There’s a unicorn sheet mask, 2 holographic mini nail polishes and a purple “strobe” lip product. Retails for $19 at Sephora.
8. Santa Maria Novella Rose Deodorant for Cats & Dogs – What if your niblings aren’t humans but are instead bougie cats or dogs? Well, don’t worry. I have this covered. Get them Santa Maria Novella pet perfume. It’s available in Rose or White Musk. I love roses, so I say go with roses to impress your fancy furry niece. Retails for $20 at Beautyhabit.
9. Demeter Best of 2017 Set – OK, so we can introduce the Axe crowd to not smell like perfume with this fairly affordable fragrance set that contains the weirdness of Petrichor, Freshly Brewed Coffee and Kitten Fur. Let’s do our perfumista/perfumisto duty, right? Retails for $29 at Demeter.
10. DIY Lip Balm Making Kit – This could be a fun thing for you guys to do together over the holiday break! You can make your own lip balms. You can customize flavors and add shimmer. Make a mess. Have fun. Retails for about $40 on Amazon.
My niblings are still all rather little and into trains and easy stuff like that. The older ones are into stuff like minerals and crystals…which I can really “wow” with my crystal knowledge. It’s cool when they are at the age where they still think you’re cool.
Need more ideas? Here’s my the Guide from 2016.
*Nordstrom, Sephora, Beautyhabit and Amazon contain affiliate links. Thanks!