Here’s my annual holiday gift guide for glamorous types that would be happy to have back-seamed stockings in their stocking! This is the gift guide for those that appreciate the timeless elegance of red lipstick, perfectly set hairstyles and oval-shaped manicures. Even if one can’t live the Old Hollywood fantasy lifestyle of silk dressing robes and a MGM contract, one can add a little bit of glamour in their daily lives with any of the items here:
2. Hermès Soap Trio – These are the most luxurious soaps ever (and my favorite). You get to choose three scents with packaging featuring famous scarf patterns. All three soaps come packaged in that classic Hermès orange box. Retails for $66 at Hermès.
3. Bite Beauty Redux – I’m such a fan of Bite lipsticks including the matte pencils that apply like a dream and with precision. The set contains 4 minis. The shades in this gift set range from classic reds to vampy brown/wines to 60’s surf movie hot pink. Retails for $25 at Sephora.
4. “Perfume: A Century of Scents” Book by Lizzie Olstrom – This book discusses decades of popular fragrances. It’s a good read for anyone that likes vintage perfumes. Retails for about $27 on Amazon.
5. Harlem Candle Company Vintage Night Club Candle in Ellington – This candle vessel is covered in an illustration of Harlem from 1932. It’s absolutely gorgeous. The scent is a sultry blend of florals, spice and rich woods. Retails for $45 at Harlem Candle Company.
6. Elizabeth & James Nirvana Black Gift Set – Although I prefer Nirvana Rose, I do appreciate the sweet sandalwood, Nirvana Black. This set has it all: EDP, candle, body oil and more. I love the vintage lighter packaging as well. Retails for $180 at Sephora. Smaller gift sets are also available.
7. Tom Ford Soleil Eye and Cheek Palette – It’s a clutch of disco makeup available in either warm or cool shades. Retails for $155 at Saks.
8. Makeup Revolution Precision Contour Set – So, apparently these brushes are a really great dupe for a much more expensive brush brand. They’re a real bargain at about $10 each. I like these brushes because they remind me of the sort of face brushes you’d see on the sets of Old Hollywood. This style is perfect for blending and brushing off powders. Retails for $30 at Makeup Revolution.
9. Odeme Matchbook Nail Files – These files are the size of a matchbook and fit into the tiniest of clutches. They have art deco prints. Retails for $5 at Beautyhabit. Pro tip – pair with a couple of vintage-y nail polishes (like classic shades by Revlon) for a cheap, complete gift.
10. Silk Pillowcase – If you want to wake up with less frizz and less wrinkles (if you’re a side sleeper), switch to a silk pillowcase. Plus, it’s just so darn luxurious. Slip retails for $79 at Nordstrom. If you want to support an indie, I’ve had great experiences with Adorabella Baby ($44).
This is one of my favorite guides to put together because it’s just me listing stuff that I want. This is the time of the year where I crave luxury and become a maximalist. I want everything jewel toned, rich layers of texture and red lipstick. This is the time of the year where I embrace indulgence. I feel like this year, I need fantasy and escapism more than ever. Bring on the faux fur and vampy lipstick!
Have any of these items made it to your wishlist?
Want more ideas? Here’s my 2015 Gift Guide.