I usually love creating gift guides but I’m going to tell you that putting together a Mother’s Day one is my least favorites. These are so hard for me because these Mother’s Day guides are meant to encompass women of child-bearing years and beyond. I find most Mother’s Day gift guides sort of offensive in that regard. I mean, it’s mothers. That’s a diverse group; yet, it’s a group worth creating a gift guide for. I shall not be intimidated 🙂 So, when I do these, I usually think of stuff that I’d want (and I’m not even a mother, so go figure).
Here we go!
1. Formulary 55 Bath & Spa Gift Set – This set contains a shea butter bath bar and hand cream in your choice of scents (I love La Nuit). The packaging for this line is adorable. Retails for $25 at Formulary 55.
2. Olivine You Are Loved Boxed Set – This gift set contains 2 oz sprays of the rose complexion mist, Love + Roses, and the fan favorite saltwater mist for hair and body, Love + Salt. These sizes are great for summer travel or for carrying around in a (usually stuffed) purse. Retails for $26 at Beautyhabit.
3. Archipelago Mason Jar Candle in Rosewater – This is a gorgeous rose-scented candle. The fragrance is fresh and isn’t overwhelming. The scent really does remind me of rosewater. And it comes in a mason jar. That’s one of those weird moms/hipsters crossover item. Retails for $24.50 at Candlerium.
4.MAC Eyeshadow Palette in Nordstrom Naturals – For the makeup loving mom, there’s this. A collection of MAC’s fifteen best selling neutral shades. These colors work with all eye colors and come in a variety of finishes. Retails for $85 at Nordstrom.
5. Aftelier Organic Rose Ginger Oolong Tea – This is a delicious spiced rose tea with enough caffeine to keep mom going. Retails for $25 at Aftelier.
6. L’Occitane La Collection de Grasse Hand Cream Trio – It’s a travel friendly trio of L’Occitane hand creams in lovely floral scents. Mom can store one in her bag, by the bed, by her desk…you get the picture. Retails for $28 at L’Occitane.
7. Krigler Charming California 215 EDP – The newest fragrance from Krigler is a pretty orange blossom floral with green tea that celebrates the natural beauty of The Golden State. This is something that she’ll want to wear all spring and summer. Retails for $220 at Krigler.
8. L’Artisan Parfumeur La Boule de Provence – One of the best frivolous purchases that I’ve ever made, was buying tone of these. And I want to share that joy with everyone. That’s why it’s a great gift because most people won’t buy one of these for themselves. I have the amber one and this is a new interpretation with more lavender and the ball is white. Retails for $90 at Beautyhabit.
9. Tatcha Okasan Mother’s Day Gift Set – Tatcha is a such a great brand. This set contains travel sizes of some of their beloved favorites. It also comes in a handmade kiri box that she can use to store whatever she damn well feels like storing in it. Retails for $98 at Tatcha.
10. Mally Before You Makeup Trio – This set has all the primers that a mother needs. These will improve the appearance of the skin and help makeup stay on longer. Plus, all of us wish Mally was our homegirl. Have you seen her on QVC? Retails for $65 at Beauty.com.
11. Providence Perfume Co. Rose 802 Perfume Oil – I love this fruity, jammy rose that reminds me of summer. It’s an all natural perfume in a convenient roll-on handmade by a talented perfumer and awesome mother. Retails for $50 at Providence Perfume Co. Full review here.
12. By Terry Rose Balm Tinted Collection – What’s better than one rose-scented lip gloss? Five. This kit contains five nourishing lip glosses in ready-for-spring shades. Maybe if your good, Mom will give you one from the collection. Retails for $89 at Beauty.com.
If you need more ideas, here’s my Mother’s Day Gift Guide from 2014!
*Beautyhabit, Nordstrom, L’Occitane and Beauty.com contain affiliate links. Thanks!