Here’s my annual holiday gift guide for glamorous types that would be happy to have back-seamed stockings in their stocking! This is the gift guide for those that appreciate the timeless elegance of red lipstick, perfectly brushed out pincurls and oval-shaped manicures. Even if one can’t live the Old Hollywood fantasy lifestyle of silk dressing robes and a MGM contract, one can add a little bit of glamour in their daily lives with any of the items here:
1. Your Beauty Mark by Dita von Teese – FINALLY! Dita has published a book of her beauty secrets. FINALLY. Retails for about $25 at Amazon. I’ve already bought mine and it’s supposed to be delivered today!
2. Christian Louboutin Rouge Louboutin Silky Satin Lip Color in Rouge Louboutin 001 – This is on the list because of the packaging. Look at that packaging! Yes, you can get a red lipstick for cheaper but this is 100% about the presentation. And in my opinion, this is something a lot of people want won’t buy for themselves because of the price but they want it. Retails for $90 at Nordstrom.
3. Estee Lauder Celebration Compact – I want to pull this little gold compact out of my purse and apply makeup in public. I’m so rebellious like that. Retails for $55 at Lord & Taylor. And it’s refillable.
4. Aerin Lauder Berlin Nights Lipstick for Neue Galerie – The Lauders have always been supporters of the Arts. Aerin has launched a vintage inspired red lipstick influenced by Christian Schad’s Lotte, 1920’s Berlin. Retails for $34 at Neue Galerie.
5. NCLA Nail Wraps in Art Deco – Nail wraps aren’t really vintage-y but this design is reminiscent of Art Deco architecture. And let’s be real, if vintage beauties had access to these, they’d totally use them. Retails for $9 at NCLA.
6. Hiram Green Voyage EDP – This limited edition perfume will make such a special gift. It’s a spicy amber with a vintage feel…and a bulb atomizer bottle that looks so Old Hollywood. Retails for $165 at Luckyscent.
7. Tocca Candle in Rodolfo – I don’t know if this is being discontinued but it’s getting harder and harder to find. It’s a sweet tuberose home fragrance inspired by Rudolph Valentino. Trust me, the vintage beauty in your life wants her boudoir to smell like this. Retails for $38 at Luscious Cargo.
8. A-Glow in Roses Gift Set – Beautyhabit has these great little value kits put together of a lot of niche/indie products. My personal favorite is this one of roses! It has a little bit of everything and a whole lot of glamour! Retails for $75 at Beautyhabit.
9. Mullein & Sparrow The Ultimate Rose Gift Set – It’s my gift guide and I’ll include as many roses as I want! Mullein & Sparrow is a natural skincare line located in Brooklyn. I love their vintage inspired packaging and obvsiously, I adore them because they seem to love roses as much as I do. This set includes all the rose things: hydrosol, body oil, bath salts and tea. Retails for $82 at Mullein & Sparrow.
10. La fee de Paris Down Powder Puff in Peach – Every woman wants one of these if she says so or not. Using one of these makes every day more fun. I love the peach shade but other shades are available too. Retails for $54 at Beautyhabit.
Every year, this is the easiest gift guide for me to put together because it’s all stuff that I want (or already have). It’s also the time of the year when I crave all things luxe. It’s a mix of the cold making me want to stay inside and then I want my personal space to be really luxurious. And the other part is that it’s the holidays and it’s all about indulgence. I find myself wanting everything in red, for a brief period I turn into a maximalist.
So, have any of these items made it to your wishlist?
Want more ideas? Here’s my 2014 Holiday Gift Guide for Vintage Beauties.
*Nordstrom, Amazon and Beautyhabit contain affiliate links. Thanks! I am not financially compensated for my gift guides.