It’s that time of the year again where I put together a gift guide that is supposed to potentially encompass all women. Oy vey! As I say every year, mothers are a diverse group with varying interests and ages. When I create a guide, I like to think of things that are nice and frankly, stuff that I like. So here we go…
1. Anne Taintor Cosmetics Bag – This is still my favorite Anne Taintor print (and I don’t even have kids): “Walk faster…the children are catching up!“. It’s perfect gift for mom, especially if you now have kids and are now experiencing first hand what you put Mom through! Retails for $26 at Nordstrom.
2. Mally Beauty Get a Gift, Give a Gift Set – Sharing is caring! This is a set that features a few star Mally Beauty products (including one of my favorite mascaras). You probably inherited the beauty product gene from mom, so she gets a set and you keep a set. Retails for $55 at Beauty.com. *Mally was in this month’s Allure magazine her mother passing away when she (Mally) was only 17. Battling cancer for years, she taught her to wear heels (and other “mom lessons”) and lived every day cherishing their time together. Shoo, made me tear up ya’ll.
3. Joya Composition No. 1 Parfum – This is a joyous floral in a gorgeous handmade vessel. The “dagger” is dipped in 22k gold. And it’s a surprisingly “affordable” luxury at $112 at Beautyhabit. Full review here.
4. Evoluxe Candle in Beachgrass – Evoluxe is a great line of wood wick candles at a great price. They look and smell more expensive than they are! The vessels are really pretty. Beachgrass is the best scent for welcoming summer. Retails for $24 at Formulary 55.
5. Crabtree & Evelyn Heritage Soap Set – Five bars of adorable soap. Retails for $40 at Beauty.com.
6. Alima Pure Gaia Collection – Named after the mother goddess, this mineral makeup set contains a warm finishing powder in Sacred, a rose gold eyeshadow in Chaos and a smoky eyeshadow shade in Celestial. Retails for $36 at Alima Pure. And here’s a review of a few of their eyeshadows.
7. Diptyque Hourglass Diffuser in Baies – These hourglass diffusers are pretty nifty. Baies is a blackcurrant rose. Retails for $150 at Nordstrom.
8. Dior Poison Extrait de Parfum – It’s DIOR POISON EXTRAIT! Retails for $185 at Saks.
9.Tatcha Okasan Mother’s Day Beauty Set – I’m such a cheater putting a pre-fab Mother’s Day kit in this guide but it’s so darn good that I couldn’t help it. This is a lovely gift set with a lifting mask, camellia beauty oil, camellia lip balm and Japanese candies. All of the products are great for all skin types. Retails for $135 at Tatcha.
10. Bite Beauty Best Bite Set – Bite makes some great lip products. This set contains 4 stunning shades. Retails for $25 at Sephora.
11. MSC Skincare Custom Gift Set – This is a natural skincare line that lets you pick and choose what the scents that go in your gift set. It contains two artisan soaps, one shea butter cream and one soy candle. Scents range from herbal to citrus to sweet; there’s something for every mama. Retails for $68 at MSC Skincare.
12. NARS The NARSissist Eyeshadow Palette – This palette contains 15 eyeshadow shade staples. Retails for $79 at Sephora.
Need more ideas? Here’s my Mother’s Day Gift Guide from 2013.