Can you believe it’s already August? They say when you get older that time flies…this is true. These months are starting to feel so blurry.
I didn’t empty as many products in July as I did in June. That’s because I didn’t have so many half empty products around. I started on my “new old stock” which I have more of than I thought. I’m such a cosmetics hoarder.
I’m still in a no-buy until September. I’m doing really well. I ran out of facial cleanser and shampoo and bought both of those. I’ve been tempted by so many summer sales but I’ve refrained. I’m proud of myself.
Innisfree It’s Real Cucumber Mask – It’s been 10 years since I’ve tried sheet masks (used to love Shiseido’s but they were too expensive for me at the time and I cut them out of my routine). Sheet masks are super popular now so I thought I’d try a few new-to-me brands. This Korean mask has a glycerin like feeling and a faint “clean” scent. It was a 90+ degree day, no a/c. I put this in the fridge and then on my face. That felt great.
- Repurchase? Maybe. I bought one of each of these and I’m seeing if there is one that I prefer over this one.
Innisfree It’s Real Gold Kiwi Mask – This is another serum-based sheet mask with a light Golden Delicious apple-ish aroma. It’s for dull skin.
- Repurchase? Maybe. I *did* feel like my skin looked brighter.
Innisfree It’s Real Tea Tree Mask – I hate tea tree oil so I was scared to use this serum sheet mask. But, one thing I’ve learned about Japanese and Korean skincare is that the scents aren’t really like American and European products. This does not smell like tea tree oil at all (huge bonus in my opinion). It smells like green tea soap, very light. Tea tree oil wrecks my skin, this one didn’t. It’s for “troubled” skin, so I thought I use during our heatwave.
- Repurchase? No. I don’t have problem skin so it’s not really for me. It wasn’t bad but I liked the others better.
Innisfree It’s Real Pomegranate Mask – The texture of this one was very watery. It moisturized and had a very faint floral fragrance.
- Repurchase? I didn’t love it. I didn’t dislike it. So, I guess that’s a no?
I will have a proper review of these Innisfree Masks up once I try them all. I will say that I’ve really enjoyed adding them to my weekly routine.
Diptyque Philosykos EDT (manufacturer’s sample) – I actually have a large bottle of this fig fragrance but a nice SA gave me a few samples for travel. And I used this up while traveling.
- Purchase? Yes, I own a bottle.
- Purchase? No. But, it’s a really good linden.
Guerlain Jicky Vintage 1950’s EDT (1 ml sample from The Perfume Court – no image) – OMG. This is so darn good. Why is it when I think of lavender perfumes that I always forget Jicky?!
- Purchase? Yes. But, I’m not a vintage hunter. I may just order another sample.
Aura Bloom Candle – It’s tuberose with a little bit of incense. Sultry scent. I prefer burning it in the winter but I have too many “low” candles around.
- Repurchase? Yes, technically. However, I have other candles that I would like to try first.
BODY & BATH
Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Body Wash – This is a great body wash. The scent is more floral (like honeysuckle) than “frankincense and myrrh” but it’s still really good. I’ve been delighted from everything that I’ve ever bought from Shea Moisture and Nubian Heritage.
- Repurchase? Yep.
Hacı Şakir Lavanta Soap – This is a cheap lavender soap that I picked up in Turkey because we ran out while we there. The bar is huge and lasted forever.
- Repurchase? I’m not going to go out of my way but I may pick up a bar out of nostalgia (it’s even available at markets in Seattle).
Brut Shave Cream – I usually shave with coconut oil but I had this weird craving for shave cream – like old school shaving foam. So, I bought this classic fougere.
- Repurchase? Probably, yes. Because sometimes I just want something old school like this.
- Purchase? Yes. My skin loves shea and this made a great hand cream for me since I like the light scent.
Nature’s Gate Persimmon and Rose Geranium Color Protecting Shampoo – This is like a volumizing shampoo with a tart rose geranium fragrance. It’s fine for my hair but I want to move on and try something different. I repurchased and now I’m super tired of it.
- Repurchase? No. It’s not Nature’s Gate. It’s me.
Essence I Love Extreme Volume Mascara – It’s cheaper than $5 and it’s “Made in Italy”. This mascara is an absolute bargain. If you like drier mascara formulas, try this. I’ve really loved this one, so much better than Diorshow or any of those other “gigantic brush” mascaras. The brush is huge though and I usually like wetter mascara formulas but I liked this one.
- Repurchase? Yes. Absolutely amazing beauty buy.
Josie Maran Coconut Watercolor Eyeshadow in Beach Sand – I bought this because I like dual-phase shadows and Chanel discontinued theirs. This is a pretty sheer bronze that is gorgeous especially for summer. And then I spilled half of it on the counter. Oh, well.
- Repurchase? I think so. I like the color and sheer, lightweight formula.The formula isn’t perfect but I do like the wash of color for a “summery” look.
Empties total for July: 15 total. 12 full-size, 0 deluxe/travel size, 3 samples. And 4 of those 12 full-size were one time use items.
My prediction for August is that I’ll have more empties than I did in July since I’m already low on a few items. After doing this for a few months, I realize that I use a lot of stuff. I’m not even going to add up how many different products I use in a day. I think the number would shock me.
What about you? Which products did you use up in July? Did you purchase anything in July? Did you throw out anything?
*Sephora, Beautyhabit and drugstore.com are affiliate links. Thanks!