Here’s my annual holiday gift guide for glamorous types that would be happy to have back-seamed stockings in their stocking! This is the guide for those that appreciate the timeless elegance of red matte lips, perfectly brushed out pincurls and halfmoon manicures. Even if one can’t live the Old Hollywood fantasy lifestyle of silk dressing robes and a MGM contract, one can have a little bit of glamour in their daily lives with the items in this guide. These are the gifts that she’ll display on her art deco vanity all year long!
1. MAC Keepsakes Lip Bag in Red – This limited edition set contains a lipstick, lipglass and lip liner in Ruby Woo, the “holy grail” favorite red of so many folks. Plus, it comes in a cute white bag with a cameo on the zipper. MAC’s holiday sets are usually really good. I tend to pick up one every year. Retails for $39.50 at Nordstrom.
2. The Essence of Perfume Book by Roja Dove – This is a gorgeous hardback perfume book featuring gorgeous photographs of Old Hollywood starlets and vintage perfumes. Perfect gift for perfume lovers and lovers of vintage. I already have a copy 🙂 Retails for about $30 at Amazon.
3. Chanel Coco Parfum – I don’t care what niche comes out or what luxury perfume gets hyped, I still think Coco is one of the best things you can go buy. And the potent 1/4 oz perfume retails for $115 at Nordstrom. And that’s basically “free” in the niche and luxury perfume world! Full review of the EDT here.
4. Tom Ford Lip & Nail Box – Anyone that likes vintage inspired beauty will love this. This set features ruby red lipstick and matching nail polish. And there’s a set of pale neutral lipstick and matching nail polish (very Sophia Loren-ish). These are essential lippies for vintage looks. And the fact that you get a matching nail color makes it all the more retro. Retails for $164 at Nordstrom.
5. Guerlain Coque D’or Shimmery Powder – Every year I look forward to Guerlain’s holiday color collection just for these glittery powders. I don’t even love the glittery powders but I love their packaging. This one is a gilded Coque D’Or replica bottle with the Coque D’Or scent. This limited edition product retails for $95 at Sephora.
6. Voluspa Maison Jardin Collection Candle in Amaranth Jasmine – Voluspa really knows how to do packaging. The packaging of this candle is really pretty and so is the “boudoir” jasmine scent. The tin can be reused to house bobby pins or hair ties. Retails for $16 at Beauty.com.
7. Jean Paul Gaultier Classique EDP – Launched in the early 90’s, this one is getting to that “vintage” status 😉 This is a powdery floral in a Schiaparelli Shocking inspired bottle. Looks great on any vanity. My Madonna-loving little-me wanted a bottle of this so badly in the 90’s…Retails for $83 at Sephora.
8. Tocca Fine Fabric Wash Set – OK, it may seem weird to give someone laundry detergent as gift, but trust me. Vintage gals are used to handwashing becuase they own items made from luxurious fabrics. I use these for all of my nice lingerie and stockings. It leaves them smelling lovely. This set contains the following fragrances: Touch, Cleopatra, Stella and Florence. Retails for $22 at Nordstrom.
9. Rose & Co. Lip Balm Tin Set – This is a trio of vintage-inspired lip balms in Sugared Violet, Strawberry Cupcake and Lemon Bon-Bon. And we all know that well-hydrated lips are the perfect base for bold red lips. Retails for $20 at Beautyhabit.
10. Missha Flower Bouquet MayLily Cleansing Cream – One does not have to explain the “Korean” concept of double cleansing to gals that are into vintage. They know all about this except it’s called “cold cream”! And it’s excellent for removing makeup, even stubborn matte red lipsticks! Missha cleansing cream comes in whimsy packaging. There’s MayLily (lily of the valley) and there’s also an iris. Retails for $10 at Missha.
Oh, this is one of my favorite gift guides to put together mainly because it’s all stuff that I already own or want (hint, hint). Except I don’t need anymore lipsticks. This is what I keep telling myself!
Have any of these made it over to your wishlist?
Need more ideas? Some of the items from last year’s Holiday Gift Guide for Vintage Beauties are still available.