This Holiday Gift Guide for Vintage Beauties is for the glamorous types that would be happy to have seamed stockings in their stocking. This is one of my favorite gift guides to create as I’d rather be living in a Jean Harlow style boudoir wearing a floor length dressing gown and applying my lashes than doing whatever it is that I do all day. This is a gift guide for those on your list that are inspired by perfectly placed beauty marks, shiny martini shakers and the elegance of a timeless bob.
1. “Scent and Subversion: Decoding a Century of Provocative Perfume” Hardcover Book by Barbara Herman – Yesterday’s Perfume’s Barbara Herman, vintage perfume extraordinaire has published a book filled with tons of eye candy: vintage perfume ads. The book shows how perfume changed with the social standards throughout the decades. Retails for about $19 on Amazon.
2. Bobbi Brown Old Hollywood Eye Palette – This palette contains the matte eyeshadows you need to create any Old Hollywood inspired makeup look. Plus, it has updated glimmer shades that are perfect for holiday parties. It’s a glamorous neutral palette. Retails for $75 at Nordstrom.
3. Lipstick Queen Lip Nouveau Set – Glamour gals love their lipstick. Many of us won’t leave the house without it. This set contains 3 full-size tubes of Red Sinner, a matte 1950’s style red, Satin Berry, a modern flapper shade, and Butterfly Ball in Fly, a pink with turquoise shimmer that is disco fabulous. This set retails for $48 at Beauty.com.
4. Les Merveilleuses de Ladurée Face Color Rose Petals in Ninon – OK, this is crazy expensive but crazy awesome from a Japanese brand that understands the importance of amazing packaging. These are pink colored “rose petals” AKA blush housed in a stunning 18th century French inspired vessel… with a cameo. It’s the most extravagant blush that I know of. Retails for $170 at iMoMoKo.
5. Belmacz Puff Puff in Coral Inferno – Every single glamour girl on the planet needs a puff like this. You’ll feel glamorous every single day just by owning this. I don’t care if you live in trainers and sweats, you use this and you’ll instantly feel like a star! I love this cosmetic peach shade. Retails for $72 at Beautyhabit.
6. Guerlain Muguet 2013 Vintage EDT – Every year on May 1st, Guerlain launches a limited edition “art piece” and green lily of the valley perfume. The 2013 “vintage” has an Art Nouveau inspired engraving. It’s a crisp floral that is far from wintery but it’s great for bringing the joys of springtime to the dead of winter. Retails for $575 at Neiman Marcus.
7. MAC Stroke of Midnight Smokey Eye Brush Kit – I’m usually unaffected by MAC limited edition collections, but I’m loving the Stroke of Midnight Collection. It’s so 80’s take on Art Deco nostalgia. This set contains 5 essential eye makeup brushes of excellent quality and a cool makeup bag. These brushes will have you rocking a Biba-esque smoky eye. Retails for about $50 at Nordstrom.
8. Dita Von Teese EDP – Now here’s a celeb perfume that I can get behind. Dita Von Teese is a sultry, smoky floral in glamorous packaging. It comes in 3 sizes but I like the smallest one the best. I like its teeny little tassel. Vintage gals like tassels. Retails for $30 at HSN of all places.
9. L’Object Porcelain Cinnabar Candle – This spicy cinnamon-scented candle is in a stunning Chinese cinnabar inspired vessel. After the candle is used, the vessel can be used to house glamorous items like rhinestone earrings or perfume samples. Retails for $125 at Gump’s.
10. Estee Lauder Lucidity Refillable Powder Compact by Ru Yi – I think every glamorous lady needs a refillable Estee Lauder powder compact. These are small enough to fit in the tiniest of vintage clutches. This one is incredibly stunning with its Art Deco feel. I really want this. Retails for $125 at Neiman Marcus.
And a BONUS to my usual list of 10!
11. Puente Perfumes Amante Premier Parfum Extrait – Seattle-based Puente Perfumes has created a luscious aldehydic floral with a rich woodsy base. This perfume smells like something an Old Hollywood starlet would wear. This is a limited edition parfum, so get it while you can. Retails for $65 at Puente Perfumes.
Have any of these made it over to your wishlist? I admit that if I don’t already own it, I want it. I told you this was one of my favorite gift guides to create….
If you need more ideas, check out my 2012 Holiday Gift Guide for Vintage Beauties.