Shouldn’t I love a day filled with love, chocolate, champagne and lacy things? It’s one of the few things happening in gloomy February and it seems to be about the senses (*cough* among other things). However, I don’t love the holiday. I have a wonderful husband and access to champagne and chocolate every day of the year. I expect to be spoiled. But, this wasn’t always the case. Valentine’s Day was either a lonely day or a day that stressed me out because it had to be more “special” than the day before. As a person that expects to be spoiled, I do hate expectations 😉 But, I do love an excuse to receive flowers and pretty little things…
Here’s my 2012 gift guide filled with 14 little luxuries that you can buy for yourself or for others:
For irresistible lips
1. Not Soap Radio You’re The Cutest High Shine Lip Balm – This rather large tub of lip balm with a clear sheen smells like those conversation hearts that you would get as a kid. I’d never eat those things now but I do like the nostalgic scent. This retails for $10 and is available at Not Soap Radio. *This makes a great gift for teens and younger gals.
2. By Terry Baume de Rose – This rose scented balm with SPF 15 nourishes lips and can be used on cuticles. There is no stickiness! It’s very luxurious and it should be at the price of $59. But, I love the stuff. I love to layer this rose scented balm over red lipsticks. It can be purchased at SpaceNK.
3. LUSH Sweet Lips Lip Scrub – This sugar scrub smells just like chocolate and includes cocoa and vanilla absolute. Delicious. This is a great product for getting smooth lips and a must have for priming winter lips for bold colors. It retails for about $9 at LUSH.
4. Hourglass Aura Lip Stain – I assume that some of you want a transfer resistant color on this day/night. I love this lip stain by Aura (here’s my review). It comes in 3 sheer, flushed shades. It retails for $26 at Sephora.
For smooth skin
5. Providence Perfume Co. Amber Cream Body Oil – I know you’ve seen this natural oil in my gift guides before but I love it. It’s such a nourishing oil with a sweet and creamy amber scent that layers nicely under anything. Seriously, any fragrance seems to go well with this blend. The packaging is gorgeous. A bottle retails for $26 at Providence Perfume Co.
6. L’Occitane Rose 4 Reines Pearlescent Body Cream – This rich cream is heavily scented with rose. That may seem a bit cliché for Valentine’s Day, but I love rose any day of the year! The subtle pealescent sheen looks wonderful under candlelight and dim light. It retails for $36 at Nordstrom.
7. LUSH R’os Argan Body Conditioner – This all-natural in-shower body moisturizer smells delightful. It’s a sweet rose jam. Perhaps my mind plays tricks on me but I do pick up a small about of toast. This product makes my skin feel so good. It retails for about $30 at LUSH.
8. The Art of Shaving Rose Absolute Shaving Cream – Obviously, this is a gift to give yourself. If a man ever gave me this as a Valentine’s gift, I’d have to slap his cheek with my satin glove. That being said, this is a wonderful gift for yourself. This rich shaving cream is scented with roses. I’ve been using this stuff for years. It retails for $26 and is available at Sephora.
9. Sonoma Scent Studio Velvet Rose EDP – This is the time of year that I love rose scents. Velvet Rose is a dewy rose soliflore with wonderful projection. It’s lush and in 3-D. A large spray retails for $65 at Sonoma Scent Studio.
10. Neela Vermeire Creations Mohur EDP – I just tried this line last week and I’m in love. Mohur is a spicy rose oud with edgy leather and an approachable orris. It’s stunning. It retails for $250 at Luckyscent.
11. aroma M Geisha Noire Perfume – I don’t like to use the word “sexy” to describe fragrance but let me tell you, Geisha Noire is SEXY. In fact, it’s hyper sexual and that’s why I love it. I learned the hard way that this is not a work friendly scent. This is a thick amber in a leopard print push-up bra. This potent and powerful oil retails for $55 and is available at LuckyScent.
12. Belle Fleur Mayan Tuberose Candle – This candle line created by a rockstar of a florist, Meredith Waga Perez, is luxurious. Every detail has been thought out and executed to perfection. This candle is a heady white floral that is perfect for the boudoir. The candle retails for $48 at Neiman Marcus.
13. Gabriel’s Aunt Royal Couple Candle – Seattle based Gabriel’s Aunt uses the finest natural ingredients to create eco-friendly candles. Royal Couple is a blend of expensive rose and jasmine essential oils in a veggie and soy wax base. This handmade candle retails for $30 and is available at Gabriel’s Aunt.
14. Aura Luscious Candle – If florals aren’t your thing, I recommend Luscious. This is what the name implies. It’s a rich blend of creamy vanilla and sandalwood. Many people use the word “sexy” to describe this scent. Here’s my review. It retails for $24 at Candles Off Main.
After putting together this gift guide, I think that maybe I do love Valentine’s Day. If it’s an excuse to buy fancy lip products, scented candles and rose fragrances, then it can’t be bad!
Here’s my Valentine’s Day Gift Guide from 2011.