Love it or hate it, but Valentine’s is right around the corner. I have mixed feelings about this holiday. I feel that it only exists because no other holiday is happening in February. I really don’t understand if it is a real holiday or not. Is it just a festival? But, there’s something in me that likes Valentine’s. I can’t resist a day that celebrates love with champagne, chocolate, flowers, and lace. That being said, I don’t really celebrate Valentine’s because I buy myself champagne, chocolate, flowers, lace, and then some monthly. My husband loves and spoils me daily, so we don’t really feel the need to give each other a box of chocolate and a store bought card. I’d rather save that for an “unexpected” day. But, I wouldn’t mind if he gave me any of the little 11 gifts featured in my gift guide. And if he doesn’t get me any of these “romance” inspired items, then I’ll just pick them up for myself 😉
1. TokyoMilk Dark Lip Elixir in Salted Caramel – TokyoMilk has launched a “dark” collection which I’m very interested in becuase I like moody scents. This is a salted caramel lip balm with the scent of cream, sea salt, carmel, and toasted vanilla. Who wouldn’t want to kiss those lips? Many other scents are available but I’m interested in this one. It retails for $7 and is available at Beautyhabit.
2. Modern Alchemy Candle in Opium Den – Sultry and sexy in candle form. This candle comes in seductive red packaging. The scent is a sultry blend of incense, tobacco, and a touch of spice. (I’ve already burned through one). It retails for $45 and is available at Candles Off Main.
3. Margarita Bloom Strawberries & Champagne Bath Bliss Wash – OK, so this one is self explanatory. It’s a bottle of strawberries and champagne scented body wash in cute Hollywood glam packaging. I’m allergic to strawberries, so this is as close as I can come to strawberries and champagne 🙁 It retails for $18 is available at Margarita Bloom.
4. Ayala Moriel Chocolate Fairytales – What is Valentine’s without chocolate? (Or should I say, what is life without chocolate? You better answer with “hell”.) Chocolate Fairytales is a set of three artisanal, luxrious chocolate bars by nose, Ayala Moriel: Guilt, Espionage, and Rose et Chocolate. This set retails for $30. These bars are available at Ayala Moriel Perfumes.
5. Aftelier Body Oil in Rose – This non-greasy body oil is loaded with high-quality natural rose oils, intoxicating. This oil retails for $50 and is available at Aftelier Perfumes. And after researching high-quality natural oils and seeing that 1/2 ounce of Bulgarian rose retails from $350-$400, I now don’t think this body oil is so expensive!
6. Red Flower Moroccan Rose Petal Topped Candle – I couldn’t resist. This is a rose scented candle with dried red rose petals. Burn the candle and sprinkle those petals around. It retails for $34. It is available at Candles Off Main.
7. Sweet Anthem Solid Perfume Locket – Jewelry and fragrance. Here’s a very affordable solid perfume locket/jewelry. You pick the scent. You apply it to your pulse points ever so seductively. Refills are also available for when you run out of product in the future. This retails for $20 and is available at Sweet Anthem.
8. Susanne Lang Vanilla Champagne Perfume – This perfume is romance! It’s a blend of champagne, rich vanilla, dark chocolate, and roses. It is only available at Lucky Scent and retails for $50.
9. Pirouette Handmade Soap in Roses Are Red – Here’s a very fragrant bar soap that you can even use as a sachet…in your lingerie drawer. I love the aroma of this one: fruity roses and lots of cedar. It’s amazing! Trust me. It retails for $8 and is available at Pirouette Handmade Essentials.
10. Laura Mercier Crème Brûlée Honey Bath – This is such a luxurious bath product. I love a good bubble bath, especially a bubble bath that smells like burnt vanilla and musk. This one provides lots of bubbles like those baths one sees in Old Hollywood flicks with Claudette Colbert; I’m thinking “The Sign of the Cross”, 1932. This retails for $40 and is available at Nordstrom.
11. Becca & Mars Massage Oil in Sugar & Spice – You don’t like sweet and you don’t like florals. That’s OK. Here’s one for you. This natural massage oil is scented with patchouli, ylang-ylang, and sweet orange. I like this scent because it smells natural and is unisex. It retails for $12 and is available at Becca & Mars.