Here’s a holiday 2010 gift guide for your favorite goth, metalhead, alt-chic, post-punk dame, vamp… you get the picture. From the Stevie Nicks-like gypsy to the Siouxsie Sioux sylph, this guide will surely please. I know I want every single item featured in this guide. *hint, hint*
1- Modern Alchemy Pocket Watch – So Edwardian gothic! This is a solid perfume housed in an antique inspired pocket watch. I want Tuberose which has notes listed of tuberose, white truffle, and musk. There is also Lilly of the Valley. These are adorable and retail for $35, a wonderful price point. They can be purchased at Modern Alchemy.
2. Papier Poudre Powder Papers – These are mainly in my purse because I like the packaging (my review). I also like the old-fashioned powdery scent too. These papers were first introduced in 1907. These come in 3 shades. I use Rachel, but White is the most goth them all. These retail for under $4, making them perfect (fishnet) stocking stuffers 🙂 Pick them up at B-Glowing.
3. Diptyque John Galliano Room Spray – Mr. Haute Goth has a home fragrance! The packaiging makes this room spray worth it, Old English font and John Galliano’s name. The scent is a pretty incense-woodsy blend with a hint of vanilla. It retails for $60 and is available at Space NK.
4. Etro Messe de Minuit EDT – Not too long ago I wrote a review of this fragrance. It’s cathedral-ish incense, so gothic to me. This is on my wish list. The 3.4 oz EDT retails for $155. It’s available at Aedes.
5. Archipelago Botanicals Leather Soy Candle – Candles provide such a mysterious ambiance. And the scent of this leather candle is quite mysterious with notes of animalic leather, amber, cashmere musk, and guaiacwood. The packaging is frosty black fitting in with any “macabre” decor. This candle retails for $29.50 and is available at Candles Off Main.
6. Villainess Soap in Villainess – I love Villainess Soap! I love their “steampunk” (lacking a better adjective at this time) aesthtic. There are so many wonderful scents to choose from, but I’m suggesting the classic here. Villainess is described as “all ball gowns and combat boots“. It’s a smoky, leather scent with tons of heady florals. These bar soaps retail for $5 and can be bought at Gorey Details.
7. Knockout Cosmetics Flatte Nail Polish in Ox – I keep featuring this in gift guides, but I think they make unique gifts. Ox is described as “dried blood” purple shade, a shade more unexpected than black. It has a matte finish. I love the Art Nouveau bottle. Knockout Nail Polish retails for $19 and is available at beauty.com.
8. Lipstick Queen Lipstick in Black Tie Optional – What? An everyday black lipstick! Yes. Black Tie Optional is a sheer black lipstick that adds depth to the lips, “like sheer black stockings for the lips“. It also darkens other lipstick colors. It’s pretty darn bad ass to pull out a black lipstick at your day job. This retails for $18 and is available at Barney’s.
9. Tarina Tarantino Sparklcity Eyeshadow – This eyeshadow is featured in this list for packaging only. It’s awesome! I love the ivory style skull cameo vintage brooch packaging! Inside are 5 neutral shimmery shadows. Everyone needs neutrals, right? This is limited edition and retails for $39 at Sephora.
10. Ayala Moriel Poison Ring & Solid Perfume – This is an awesome product with so many to choose from. The one shown is an example of a tiger’s eye poison ring. That just sounds goth, right? Inside the poison ring is a luxurious natural solid perfume inspired by the style of the ring. I like the sound of Espionage, a smoky leather, and Razala, an Arabian inspired oud floral. These are custom and prices range from $55-$180 depending on the ring, etc. These are available at Ayala Moriel.
I want all 10 of these gifts! See anything you want? Know of any gothic perfumes or home fragrances? I think I’m going through a leather fragrance stage again…