Weekly World Fumes – May 17th, 2012
Here’s the May 17th edition of Weekly World Fumes. Have any breaking tips? Leave them in the comments!
Can you belieb it? Justin Bieber’s Someday perfume will receive the Elizabeth Taylor Fragrance Celebrity of the Year Award at the 40th Annual FiFis.
J.Lo Glowing will be available. It’ includes bergamot, mandarin, cassia flower, cashmere musk, and vanilla. It’s “earthy clean”. Also, J.Lo Glow is 10 years old now. Wow.
In July Bond No. 9 will launch I Love New York Marriage Equality perfume. Notes include mandarin, nutmeg, plum, cinnamon, rose, jasmine, ginger, lily, cashmere wood, sandalwood, and amber. I sniffed this one in Jan. and it was the only one of their 2012 launches that I liked. They seriously have like 15 launches planned this year.
Space NK has an exclusive scent, In Peace. Notes listed include pimento, freesia, French iris, mimosa, seude, white musk, sandalwood, and tonka bean. 10% of net profits goes to Women for Women International, a non-profit that supports women survivors of war. It retails for $75.
Hair line, Serge Normant, will launch Avah. It has notes of ylang-ylang, jasmine, amber, soft woods and musks. It only retails for $60. I use the shampoo and conditioners and love their scent so I have hope for this personal fragrance.
In time for Father’s Day, Yankee Candles has launched Man Candles. It’s a line of candles marketed to the type of dopey father character we see on American sitcoms. Scents include Riding Mower, 2 x 4, First Down (um), and Man Town (named after your favorite gay bar).
I find this odd, I guess because I’m ready for anti-social media. Benjamin Redford invented a device, Olly, that sprays a scent anytime your name/brand/etc. is mentioned on various social media sites. It “rewards” your for your online social interactions. He wanted to allow more than audio and visual.
The FiFi Awards are on Monday. To celebrite they are giving away product with #JaneSmells a twitter campaign. Here are the rules.
I’ve had a good week. The weather has been absolutely perfect.
Next week, I’m heading to LA. So, this week, I’ve been planning for that. I’ve had to find the smooshed face babies a kennel. They’ll be going to a doggy bed and breakfast where the 2 of them will be sharing a suite in a Victorian home. I’m guaranteed that they’ll be spoiled so much that they’ll wish that I die in a tragic plane crash. And I had to lie about Frink’s weight. They only accept doggies 25 pounds and under. He’s a tub of lard at 27 pounds but he loves his curves.
*Bieber www.celebrity-gossip.net. Bond No. 9 pic from Fragrantica. My children pic belongs to me.
- Heidi Klum Surprise EDT Perfume Review (1)
- David Beckham Homme EDT Fragrance Video Review (2)
- Halle Berry Closer EDP Perfume Review (6)
- Lady Gaga Fame EDP Perfume Review (10)
- The 2012 List – Best & Worst Perfumes (23)
- Jessica Simpson Vintage Bloom EDP Perfume Review (6)
- Taylor Swift Wonderstruck EDP Perfume Review (4)
- Weekly World Fumes – September 27th,2012 (2)
- Weekly World Fumes – September 6th,13th, and 20th, 2012 (6)
- Beckham Signature for Women EDT Fragrance Review (2)
- M. Micallef Royal Vintage EDP Perfume Review (4)
- Thierry Mugler A*Men EDT Fragrance Video Review (4)
- The Lipstick League – Week of 5/13/2013 (4)
- Neil Morris Fragrances Rainflower EDP Perfume Review
- 1960′s Fashion – Get the Makeup Look of Wanda Jackson (4)
- Serge Lutens Un Lys EDP Perfume Review (2)
- EauMG at Taste TV Artisan Fragrance Salon – Seattle 2013 – A Re-Cap (12)
- Ramon Monegal Lovely Day EDP Perfume Review (8)
- Caron Yuzu Man EDT Fragrance Review (2)
- Aftelier Secret Garden Natural Perfume Review (4)