Weekly World Fumes – June 7th, 2012 Edition
Good evening. Here’s the June 7th version of Weekly World Fumes. Have any fragrance news or tips? Leave in the comments below!
Milla Jovovich will be the face of a new fragrance for Avon. The name of this fragrance is City Rush for Her. Is this is a Jackie Chan movie or a fragrance?
There’s some crap going around about Kim Kardashian‘s new “mysterious” fragrance. I wasn’t going to cover it but I did find her quote interesting. She says, “I wanted a scent that’s mysterious. I really like white florals so I included those along with chocolate and plum. It smells so unique. It’s definitely the most different from my previous fragrances. My others are really heavy. I think this one is richer. It feels sultry.” I find her choice of words – heavy and richer – interesting.
Geza Schoen is the perfumer by a new book inspired perfume called Paper Passion. Love, love the packaging.
Sonoma Scent Studio has launched Forest Walk with notes of sandalwood, oak, fir, hemlock, cedar, moss, jasmine, violet, amber and benzoin. I’ve tried it. It’s good.
Juliette Has a Gun Romantica is now available in the U.S. It has notes of musk, orange blossom, jasmine, vanilla and patchouli. I’m imagining something that smells like a creamsicle.
In July, L’Artisan Parfumeur will launch Séville à l’Aube. This is the fragrance designed by Denyse Beaulieu of Grain de Musc and you can read all about it in her book, The Perfume Lover. It has notes of petitgrain, petitgrain citronnier, orange blossom, beeswax, incense, Luisieri lavender and benzoin. Perfumer is Bertrand Douchaufour.
Chandler Burr has collaborated with OpenSky for the Untitled Program that is meant to eliminate fragrance marketing and to focus on the fragrance. It’s naked perfume. It’s a cool idea and more info is here. FYI – All of the bottles sold out in 4 days.
I’m getting used to being back. It’s classic Juneuary in Seattle and I hate it. I hate weather in the 50′s during June. Rain and rain. Can’t stand it. OK, enough of my complaining.
*Milla ad from Now Smell This. Paper Passion pic from Death & Taxes. Untitled perfume from OpenSky’s blog.
- Plum Crazy: A Plum Fragrance Guide (1)
- Dolce & Gabbana Classic EDT Fragrance Review (2)
- A Cheery Cherry Fragrance Guide
- Avon Candid Perfumed Skin Softener Lotion Review
- Issey Miyake L’Eau D’Issey For Women EDT Fragrance Review (2)
- Givenchy Amarige EDT Fragrance Review (1)
- Welcome Spring: My Desire For Floral Fragrances.
- Avon Tahitian Holiday EDT Fragrance Spray Review (1)
- 1960′s Fashion- Get the Makeup Look of Leslie Caron
- Jul et Mad Amour de Palazzo EDP Perfume Review
- Neela Vermeire Creations Bombay Bling EDP Perfume Review (4)
- M. Micallef Royal Vintage EDP Perfume Review (4)
- Thierry Mugler A*Men EDT Fragrance Video Review (4)
- The Lipstick League – Week of 5/13/2013 (4)
- Neil Morris Fragrances Rainflower EDP Perfume Review
- 1960′s Fashion – Get the Makeup Look of Wanda Jackson (4)
- Serge Lutens Un Lys EDP Perfume Review (2)
- EauMG at Taste TV Artisan Fragrance Salon – Seattle 2013 – A Re-Cap (12)