Weekly World Fumes – April 19th 2012
Welcome to the first ever Weekly World Fumes! This is your weekly update for fragrance news, celeb gossip, new launches and anything else I feel like talking about. This is the beta version, hope to improve soon. Enjoy!
Selena Gomez reveals the bottle of her new fragrance. I like it in a Salvador Dali interprets a perfume bottle designed for a 18 year old pop star.
Madonna is high on perfume stardom and announces that she will be launching a men’s fragrance that will be woodsy, ambery, musky and like whiskey. Yes, please, I want that.
Nicki Minaj announces that she will be launching a perfume this fall. The name is unknown. The bottle is unknown. And the notes, why bother?
Whatever happened to that Lady Gaga perfume? I haven’t heard about it in like forever.
Denise Richards…you haven’t heard that name in a long time, right? She will be launching a beachy fragrance. And it’s rumored that she wears Child.
Jennifer Love Hewitt says her signature fragrance is McCormick’s vanilla extract that one uses for cooking. Men love it, blah, blah. It’s Jennifer Love Hewitt, of course, men love it. They love her. Even my husband crushes on her.
Smell Bent launches Liberty For All. 50% of the proceeds will go to Liberty Wildlife Fund. It has notes of orange blossom, bergamot, ozone, tonka bean, hay + more.
Amouage Beloved Woman will be launched. Go here for more details.
Flirt! Kittenesque is available at Kohl’s. It has notes of orange blossom, raspberry, and vanilla.
Bath and Body Works has Wild Berry Tulips. I hate that name. It has notes of honeysuckle, raspberry and tulip (which doesn’t have a smell in “real” life.
Victoria’s Secret launches another fruity-floral, Love is Heavenly.
NEST Fragrances will have their Beach candle available soon. I’m in love with the packaging.
There’s a fragrance inspired by new Mac books and the media is loving it.
Kerosene Whip and Roses will be available at MiN NY. It’s a rose and leather scent. Whip it good.
Luckyscent has some new stuff. Go check it out.
People are talking about Madonna’s Truth or Dare (haven’t tried it yet) and By Kilian Asian Tales (yawn).
I’m busy with a few new projects this week. I’m always getting myself into something. I’ve been reading Denyse’s of Grain de Musc, The Perfume Lover. I’m hooked. I absolutely love it. I’ve been flirting with fragrance as usual. No new cravings. And strangely, I’ve been wearing more eye makeup and more nude lipstick. What’s happening to me?
And next week on EauMG, it’s Naturals Week. Check it out!
Signing off – Victoria
If you have any breaking fragrance tips or news, please leave a comment!
*Madonna Truth or Dare from Fragrantica. Kittenesque pic from Kohl’s. Kerosene pic from MiN NY.
- Heidi Klum Surprise EDT Perfume Review (1)
- David Beckham Homme EDT Fragrance Video Review (2)
- Halle Berry Closer EDP Perfume Review (6)
- Lady Gaga Fame EDP Perfume Review (10)
- The 2012 List – Best & Worst Perfumes (23)
- Jessica Simpson Vintage Bloom EDP Perfume Review (6)
- Taylor Swift Wonderstruck EDP Perfume Review (4)
- Weekly World Fumes – September 27th,2012 (2)
- Weekly World Fumes – September 6th,13th, and 20th, 2012 (6)
- Beckham Signature for Women EDT Fragrance Review (2)
- 1960′s Fashion- Get the Makeup Look of Leslie Caron
- Jul et Mad Amour de Palazzo EDP Perfume Review
- Neela Vermeire Creations Bombay Bling EDP Perfume Review (2)
- M. Micallef Royal Vintage EDP Perfume Review (4)
- Thierry Mugler A*Men EDT Fragrance Video Review (4)
- The Lipstick League – Week of 5/13/2013 (4)
- Neil Morris Fragrances Rainflower EDP Perfume Review
- 1960′s Fashion – Get the Makeup Look of Wanda Jackson (4)
- Serge Lutens Un Lys EDP Perfume Review (2)
- EauMG at Taste TV Artisan Fragrance Salon – Seattle 2013 – A Re-Cap (12)