Votivo Holiday Candles: Reviews of Winter Cranberry & Dulce Caramelo
Votivo is a wonderful line of candles. They have quite a few that I consider staples in my candle arsenal. Every year I get excited for their Holiday line.
The packaging is very glamorous. I like that is holiday but not too holiday. This line is are more wintery. The larger candles are housed in a “silver” mirrored vessel with the Votivo logo. The box is metallic and I want a wallpaper like it The candles are also available in a travel tin, not as glamorous but a very good price.
I’m reviewing the two that stood out to me:
Winter Cranberry includes cranberry, cassis, raspberry, fir balsam, pine, amber, cedarwood, musk and vanilla.
Winter Cranberry is a tart red berry fragrance with hints of evergreen. The dry cranberry is very prominent. It doesn’t smell overly fruity. It’s tart…just like cranberries. Winter Cranberry is like a wintery cosmopolitan cocktail!
Dulce Caramelo contains notes of caramelized sugar, sweet milk, maple syrup, chocolate, cocoa butter, cedarwood and caramel.
Dulce Caramelo is sweet and this shouldn’t surprise you. It’s melted caramel, steamed milk and hot chocolate. I may not want a personal fragrance that smells like this but I sure don’t mind my home smelling like this. It’s comforting on a cold, rainy day. It has a touch of woods, but the woods are creamy, buttery and “toasted”. I want a back up of this candle. That is how much I like it. I see myself burning this scent all throughout the winter.
Other scents in this limited edition collection include Christmas Sage, Clementine & Clove, Icy Blue Pine, Joie de Noel, and Red Currant.
Like all the other Votivo candles that I have tried, these are clean burning and burn evenly. The throw is amazing. The travel candle will definitely scent a small space.
Prices range from $12-$32 at Candles Off Main.
Want more reviews? Try…
*Disclaimer – Product provided by Votivo. I am not finacially compensated for this review. My opinions are my own.
- EauMG’s Mother’s Day Gift Guide 2013 (7)
- Votivo French Candle Collection Review (2)
- NEST Pink Jasmine Candle Review
- Northwest Indie Perfumer Circuit at Blackbird – January with Rebel + Mercury (1)
- Votivo Floure Candle – Bright Leaf Tobacco Review (2)
- EauMG’s Holiday 2012 Gift Guide for Your Favorite Goth (10)
- Thymes Wildwood Candle Collection – Mini Reviews (2)
- Linnea Lights Luxe Gift Set Soy Candle Review
- NEST Fragrances Orchid Rain Candle for Jason Wu Review (1)
- Ebb & Flow Brand Overview & Soap Review (4)
- 1960′s Fashion- Get the Makeup Look of Leslie Caron
- Jul et Mad Amour de Palazzo EDP Perfume Review
- Neela Vermeire Creations Bombay Bling EDP Perfume Review (2)
- M. Micallef Royal Vintage EDP Perfume Review (4)
- Thierry Mugler A*Men EDT Fragrance Video Review (4)
- The Lipstick League – Week of 5/13/2013 (4)
- Neil Morris Fragrances Rainflower EDP Perfume Review
- 1960′s Fashion – Get the Makeup Look of Wanda Jackson (4)
- Serge Lutens Un Lys EDP Perfume Review (2)
- EauMG at Taste TV Artisan Fragrance Salon – Seattle 2013 – A Re-Cap (12)