Villainess Antihero and Pyromania Soap Reviews
Are you ready for some soap reviews? Here’s reviews of the “dark” soaps by Villainess.
Antihero – “Well-worn sweaty leather, the acrid smoke of cigarettes, and a soft side of vanilla and honey.”
Antihero is a badass fragrance. It may scare your Ivory. The scent smells of black leather motorcycle jackets and vanilla cigarillo ashes. I love the fragrance but I do have a problem with the soap. All of the other Villainess soaps that I have tried have a nice lather for a handmade soap. This one doesn’t lather. And the soap is pitch black. It leaves this charcoal foam on the skin before rinsing because Australian black clay is swirled in the bar. And this doesn’t make me feel clean at all even though my skin feels “clean”.
Pyromania – “A highly unique fragrance based on black pepper essential oil. Peculiarly spicy, warm black pepper, sweatened with brown sugar, and touched with a veil of smoke.”
Pyromania reminds me if you had gingerbread covered in spicy, freshly ground black pepper. It’s a spicy, warming fragrance. It has poppy seed “scrubbies” which are a bit too abrasive for my sensitive skin when used directly, but my husband like the scrubbies. Like I said, my skin is sensitive. It’s a great unisex soap bar and if you are a fan of Serge Lutens 5 o’clock au Gingembre, you may like this scent.
I love the scent of Anithero but if I were to repurchase, I’d buy it as a body cream (Whipped!) or the body scrubs. I love the fragrance but wasn’t crazy about the soap for the reasons listed above. It’s a must try fragrance for anyone that likes leather scents.
Soap bars retail for $5.50 at Villainess.
Want more Villainess reviews? Here’s my reviews:
*Product purchased by me. Product pics from Villainess.
- Becca & Mars Refresh Aromatherapy Blend Review (3)
- A Few LUSH Bubble Bars Review (2)
- EauMG’s Valentine’s 2013 Gift Guide (18)
- Overview of Anjolie Ayurveda & Soap Review (2)
- Villainess Decadence And Dulces en Feugo Soap Reviews
- BijaBody Natural Daily Body Scrub & Serum Review (8)
- Villainess Datura, Bathory and Krakatoa Soap Review (1)
- A 2011 Holiday Gift Guide for Your Sweet Niece (9)
- NEW – Pirouette Essentials Soaps in 5 New Scents (5)
- EauMG’s Overview of Pacifica Perfumes (7)
- Arquiste Flor y Canto EDP Perfume Review
- April Aromatics Jasmina EDP Perfume Review (4)
- Madonna Truth or Dare EDP Perfume Review (4)
- The Lipstick League – Week of 6/10/13 (6)
- Lulah Magnolia Fig Body Lotion & Body Mist Review
- 1960′s Fashion – Get the Vintage Makeup Look of Britt Ekland (14)
- LUSH Gorilla Perfumes Furze EDP Perfume (2)
- EauMG’s Most Worn Perfumes Spring 2013 (14)
- Diptyque Eau Duelle EDT Perfume Review
- Clairvoyant Beauty Natural Perfume Review (2)