Vero Profumo Mito EDP Perfume Review
One of the many reasons that I respect the Vero Profumo line so much is that Vero doesn’t release a perfume until it’s perfect. Her line is not padded with filler fragrances. She doesn’t launch a fragrance to keep her name in the perfume SEO game. Vero launches a perfume when it is right. Mito is right.
Mito opens as fresh, green and bitter with citrus and a complex galbanum (like wet weeds and freshly sliced apples). The scent is bold. If it were a color, it’d be neon green. With time the citrus turns into lemon drops – sour with a hint of sugar and on amphetamines. It has energy. The heart is spring florals and dry fruits over a bed of moss. The heart isn’t too floral. It still reads as “green” to me and reminds me of Chanel Cristalle (a peachy, dry floral). The dry-down smells like a dark green or a citrine. It’s a mix of woods, evergreens and moss with a little bit of funk.
Mito is a perfume inspired by gardens. I see that but when I sniff Mito, I get a Barbarella-ish character decked in Paco Rabanne. It’s like a “futurist” jungle fragrance with a 1960′s mod energy. The character Mito, from a land of lush flowers where the sun doesn’t set, is playful, optimistic, compelling super hero that rids the universe of gloom and doom.
Notes listed include citrus, magnolia, jasmine, galbanum, hyacinth, cypress and moss. Launch date 2012. PERFUMER – Vero Kern
Give Mito a try if you like “green” fragrances. Or if you like perfumes like Chanel Cristalle EDP, YSL Y, Charenton Macerations Christopher Street Monsiuer Balmain and/or Ormonde Jayne Tiare.
Mito has above average projection and longevity.
The 1.7 oz bottle of Mito retails for $200 at LuckyScent.
Victoria’s Final EauPINION – Dazzling green chypre. Seamless and perfect. The perfume world needed something like this.
Want more reviews? Try…
*Disclaimer – Sample provided by Vero Profumo. I am not financially compensated for this review. My opinions are my own. Product pic from Luckyscent. Paco Rabanne pic from Vintspiration.com
- Juliette Has a Gun Mad Madame EDP Perfume Review (8)
- JoAnne Bassett Intimacy EDP Natural Perfume Review (3)
- Bottega Veneta EDP Perfume Review (13)
- Providence Perfume Co. Moss Gown EDP Perfume Review (2)
- Histoires de Parfums 1740 Marquis de Sade EDP Perfume Review (9)
- Arquiste L’Etrog EDP Perfume Review (4)
- Roxana Illuminated Perfume Green Witch Review (7)
- Odin 03 Century EDT Fragrance Review (4)
- Roxana Illuminated Perfume Hedera Helix Review (5)
- Clinique Aromatics Elixir Perfumer’s Reserve Perfume (13)
- Thierry Mugler A*Men EDT Fragrance Video Review (2)
- The Lipstick League – Week of 5/13/2013 (4)
- Neil Morris Fragrances Rainflower EDP Perfume Review
- 1960′s Fashion – Get the Makeup Look of Wanda Jackson (4)
- Serge Lutens Un Lys EDP Perfume Review (2)
- EauMG at Taste TV Artisan Fragrance Salon – Seattle 2013 – A Re-Cap (12)
- Ramon Monegal Lovely Day EDP Perfume Review (8)
- Caron Yuzu Man EDT Fragrance Review (2)
- Aftelier Secret Garden Natural Perfume Review (4)
- The Lipstick League – Week of 5/6/2013