Tom Ford Jardin Noir Cafe Rose EDP Perfume Video Review
Tom Ford has launched 4 new floral perfumes in the Private Blend Collection – Jardin Noir. I said years ago that the “noir” trend was over. Boy, was I wrong! 2012 has been a big year for “noir” perfumes. The Jardin Noir Collection is supposed to showcase the “darker” and “dangerous” side of flowers, the “less innocent”, blah, blah. Now what does Cafe Noir smell like?
Café Rose opens as a peppery rose with a hint of fresh coffee grounds in the background. And the theme becomes rose. You get both the minty and fruity facets of rose. It’s a rose perfume. I feel that the cooling mintiness and dry, metallic incense come across to my nose as “oud”. It’s not aggressive, but it’s there. The base is “exotic” woods and a more subtle version of the incense that was in the heart.
I hear from many people that they are disappointed that the coffee isn’t more prominent. I understand their disappointment. I’ve also found that really good rose absolutes have hints of coffee grounds. My feeling is that with this fragrance there is no extra addition of “coffee”, but they’ve used a rose that has a subtle black coffee richness.
Notes listed include saffron, black pepper, may rose, Turkish rose, Bulgarian rose, coffee, incense, amber, sandalwood, and patchouli.
Give Café Rose a try if you like woodsy rose perfumes. Or if you like perfumes like Montale Black Aoud, L’Artisan Parfumeur Voleur de Roses, Pirouette Essentials Rose Musk (seriously a great dupe of this), and/or Atelier Cologne Rose Anonyme. Cafe Rose is unisex and the most masculine out the Jardin Noir Collection in my opinion.
Projection and longevity of this perfume is above average.
Victoria’s Final EauPINION - A dry, woody rose. Pleasant but nothing new and honestly I don’t think it belongs in the Private Blend collection, it’s redundant. Noir de Noir is better. Actually, I can name quite a few roses that are better.J
Want more reviews? Try…
Fragrantica - Member reviews
*Sample came from a TF sales associate. Product pic from Nordstrom. Post contains affiliate links. Thanks!
- The Scent of Departure VIE Vienna EDT Perfume Review (7)
- LUSH Dear John EDP Perfume Review (4)
- NEW – Villainess Supervillainess Fragrance (2)
- NEW: DSH Parfums des Beaux Arts Holiday 2010 Solid Perfumes (5)
- Crazy Rumors Perk Natural Lip Balm in Mocha Review (7)
- Parfums des Beaux Arts by DSH Cafe Noir EDP Review (4)
- Homeless In Seattle
- Neil Morris Fragrances Rainflower EDP Perfume Review
- 1960′s Fashion – Get the Makeup Look of Wanda Jackson (4)
- Serge Lutens Un Lys EDP Perfume Review
- EauMG at Taste TV Artisan Fragrance Salon – Seattle 2013 – A Re-Cap (10)
- Ramon Monegal Lovely Day EDP Perfume Review (8)
- Caron Yuzu Man EDT Fragrance Review (2)
- Aftelier Secret Garden Natural Perfume Review (4)
- The Lipstick League – Week of 5/6/2013
- Chanel Cristalle EDP Perfume Video Review (14)
- Becca & Mars Refresh Aromatherapy Blend Review (3)