The Scent of Departure ICN Seoul EDT Perfume Review
There are many places on my “to visit” list. Seoul is one of those. Historical; yet modern. I have no idea what it smells like but with a population density double that of NYC, I imagine that the city itself stinks. Here’s an interpretation. Let’s see if The Scent of Departure captures the soul of Seoul in fragrance.
Seoul opens as fresh and green with grass and melons. And the lotus kicks in. Seoul is aquatic and floral. There’s an astringent fig leaf that adds even more greenness to the perfume. The dry-down is a watery green violet with white musk and a possible hint of green cardamom pod.
This is a budget By Kilian Water Calligraphy. Actually, I prefer this $45 version over By Kilian’s.
Notes listed include lemon, fresh grass, cut stems, violet leaves, fig leaf, jasmine, lotus flower, violet, lilac, sap, moss, blonde wood and white musk. Launch date 2012. PERFUMER – Gérald Ghislain
Give Seoul a try if you like watery florals. Or if you like perfumes like By Kilian Water Calligraphy, By Kilian Bamboo Harmony, Issey Miyake Eau d’Issey, Annick Goutal Petite Cherie EDT, Bond No.9 High Line, and/or GAP Grass (new). Seoul is unisex but it leans more feminine to me. It’s a good one for warmer climates.
Seoul has average projection and above average longevity for an EDT. It wears as an EDP.
The Scent of Departure 1.7 oz bottles retails for $45 at Beautyhabit.
Victoria’s Final EauPINION – Grassy, watery floral. It’s not something that I like to wear frequently but I think it is good for something in the grassy, watery floral genre.
Want more reviews? Try…
T Magazine/Vain Glorious – Quick interview with Ghislain
Huffington Post – Overview of the line
*Borrowing from a friend. Product pic from Beautyhabit. Buddhist temple in Seoul from Wikipedia. Post contains an affiliate link. Thanks!
- L’Artisan Parfumeur Fleur de Liane EDT Fragrance Review
- Von Eusersdorff New York Classic Mimosa EDP Perfume Review
- Halle Berry Closer EDP Perfume Review (6)
- Inis Cologne Fragrance Review
- NEST Blue Garden Candle Review (11)
- Stormy Morning: Annick Goutal Un Matin d’Orage EDT Fragrance Review (2)
- Davidoff Cool Water for Women EDT Fragrance Review (9)
- Mainstream Monday: Victoria's Secret Very Sexy EDP Perfume Review
- Greetings From Seattle: Demeter Rain PMU Fragrance Review (1)
- Clinique Happy Heart EDP Fragrance Review (4)
- Arquiste Flor y Canto EDP Perfume Review
- April Aromatics Jasmina EDP Perfume Review (4)
- Madonna Truth or Dare EDP Perfume Review (4)
- The Lipstick League – Week of 6/10/13 (6)
- Lulah Magnolia Fig Body Lotion & Body Mist Review
- 1960′s Fashion – Get the Vintage Makeup Look of Britt Ekland (14)
- LUSH Gorilla Perfumes Furze EDP Perfume (2)
- EauMG’s Most Worn Perfumes Spring 2013 (14)
- Diptyque Eau Duelle EDT Perfume Review
- Clairvoyant Beauty Natural Perfume Review (2)