The Scent of Departure AUH Abu Dhabi EDT Perfume Review
The Scent of Departure is a line created by Gerard Ghislain, the man behind Histoires de Parfums. I talk about this in my review of VIE Vienna. AUH Abu Dhabi is the type of amber that you could find yourself wearing in cool climates as well as warm climates. It’s “savory” but it also has a refreshing lift from notes of citrus, thyme and geranium.
Abu Dhabi opens as a soft amber with bright citrus and a medicinal dried thyme. If you have tried Histoires de Parfums Ambre 114, then think of Abu Dhabi as “Ambre 114 lite”. It doesn’t have the calories. The scent becomes a spicier herbal amber with rose attar. And then I get the rose-vanilla-sandalwood that I get in L’Artisan Parfumeur Safran Troublant. On my skin Abu Dhabi gets creamier with vanilla and tonka. It dries down to a sweet vanilla with traces of incense and a cling wrapped vetiver.
Notes listed include bergamot, lemon, thyme, nutmeg, rose, geranium, patchouli, sandalwood, cedar, vetiver, amber, vanilla, tonka bean, benzoin, musk, and castoreum.
Try Abu Dubai if you like warm amber fragrances. Or if you like perfumes like L’Artisan Parfumeur Safran Troublant, Histoires de Parfums Ambre 114, Atelier Cologne Ambre Nue, and/or L’Artisan Parfumeur L’Eau d’Ambre. Abu Dhabi is unisex. I feel it can be enjoyed in any climate.
This scent has below average projection. It wears close to my skin. I find longevity to be above average for an EDT.
The 1.7 oz bottle of AUH Abu Dhabi retails for $45 at Beautyhabit.
Victoria’s Final EauPINION – Herbal amber lite. It’s a nice amber for the price, but I’d rather have Ambre 114 (which I do own). Ambre 114 is much more expensive, so I would expect for it to smell more luxurious. However after saying that, I really do recommend Abu Dhabi because out of all The Scent of Departure perfumes that I have tried, this one smells the most “niche” to me. It’s very nice.
Want more reviews? Try…
By Distraction – More info on the line
*Borrowing this from perfume pal, Brian. Product pic from Fragrantica. Dorothy Burgess pic from www.fanpix.net. Post contains an affiliate link. Thanks!
- Providence Perfume Co. Amber Cream Body Oil Review (3)
- Ramon Monegal Cuirelle EDP Perfume Review (9)
- Kerosene Copper Skies EDP Perfume Review
- Penhaligon’s Malabah EDP Perfume Review (4)
- Tauer Pentachord Auburn EDP Perfume Review (10)
- By Kilian Amber Oud EDP Perfume Review (8)
- Dior La Collection Privée Mitzah EDP Perfume Review (7)
- Vince Camuto for Women EDP Perfume Review (5)
- Ramon Monegal Mon Patchouly EDP Perfume Video Review (13)
- Sospiro by Xerjoff Duetto EDP Perfume Review
- Juara Candlenut Perfume Oil Review
- 1960′s Fashion- Get the Makeup Look of Leslie Caron (2)
- Jul et Mad Amour de Palazzo EDP Perfume Review (2)
- Neela Vermeire Creations Bombay Bling EDP Perfume Review (6)
- M. Micallef Royal Vintage EDP Perfume Review (4)
- Thierry Mugler A*Men EDT Fragrance Video Review (4)
- The Lipstick League – Week of 5/13/2013 (4)
- Neil Morris Fragrances Rainflower EDP Perfume Review
- 1960′s Fashion – Get the Makeup Look of Wanda Jackson (4)
- Serge Lutens Un Lys EDP Perfume Review (2)