Tauer Pentachord Auburn EDP Perfume Review
Two girls stand in front of the mirror, a reflection of made-up faces and jaundiced yellow tiles.
“Jennifer, give me your lip gloss“, says Ronni as she fluffs her auburn hair and wishes she had her hairspray with her. Her mother has seized all possible inhalants. Damn Barbara Walters.
Jennifer hands her the lip gloss and they share tales of weekend escapades and awkward dates with boys they don’t even like. They hide in a stall and smoke Virginia Slims. Gloss covered cigarette butts go down the toilet with a loud swoosh. The bell rings. They spray on a candied amber body spray that Ronni keeps in her purse, two sticks of Big Red and they’re ready for chemistry. Ronni lags behind…
What?! Tauer Auburn opens as a random things floating around at the bottom of teenager’s purse. I get Grape Lip Smacker’s, a couple lone sticks of Big Red cinnamon bubble gum and that weird, dusty funk that accumulates at the bottom of purses, backpacks, etc. Auburn is dusty, has traces of paperback books and this weird pack of cigarettes thing going on. Not like an actually pack but like a pack that used to be in your bag many moons ago. The dry-down is rather nice and “classic” Tauer ambery incense. But….I mean you had to get traumatized by the rest to enjoy some sweet, smoky amber.
I had the husband smell this as I kept my opinions to myself. “What does this smell like?” I ask. He says, “High school lockers”. Yep.
This fragrance is offensive and I have no desire to wear it. It smells too “school”, like a locker or backpack, too high school. I do like the base but I can find that in other Tauer perfumes.
Notes listed include citrus blossom, cinnamon, tobacco, amber and sandalwood. Launch date 2011. PERFUMER – Andy Tauer
I have no idea who to recommend this perfume to. Try it if you like amber or spicy fragrances.
The 1.7 oz EDP retails for $150 at LuckyScent.
Victoria’s Final EauPINION – Stale high school locker. I like many Tauer perfumes and it saddens me to say this but I have to…it’s a wreck. A total mess. I’m not calling the entire line a mess, I urge you to try many of the others in the line. Avoid the Pentachords unless you want proof that one needs more than 5 ingredients to make a good perfume.
Want more reviews? Try…
*Sample purchased by me. Product pic from Basenotes.
- Providence Perfume Co. Amber Cream Body Oil Review (3)
- Ramon Monegal Cuirelle EDP Perfume Review (9)
- Kerosene Copper Skies EDP Perfume Review
- Penhaligon’s Malabah EDP Perfume Review (4)
- By Kilian Amber Oud EDP Perfume Review (8)
- Dior La Collection Privée Mitzah EDP Perfume Review (7)
- Vince Camuto for Women EDP Perfume Review (5)
- The Scent of Departure AUH Abu Dhabi EDT Perfume Review
- Ramon Monegal Mon Patchouly EDP Perfume Video Review (13)
- Sospiro by Xerjoff Duetto EDP Perfume Review
- Neil Morris Fragrances Rainflower EDP Perfume Review
- 1960′s Fashion – Get the Makeup Look of Wanda Jackson
- Serge Lutens Un Lys EDP Perfume Review
- EauMG at Taste TV Artisan Fragrance Salon – Seattle 2013 – A Re-Cap (8)
- Ramon Monegal Lovely Day EDP Perfume Review (4)
- Caron Yuzu Man EDT Fragrance Review (2)
- Aftelier Secret Garden Natural Perfume Review (4)
- The Lipstick League – Week of 5/6/2013
- Chanel Cristalle EDP Perfume Video Review (8)
- Becca & Mars Refresh Aromatherapy Blend Review (3)