Sonoma Scent Studio Champagne de Bois EDP Perfume Review
I have many favorite things. In fact, I make lists of my favorite things. It’s one of my favorite things to do, but it drives my husband crazy since it is a written record that I often refer to. The wrong brand of dijon mustard gets brought into the house and I say, “You didn’t pay attention to my list of favorite things – condiments – on page 10. If you did, you would have noticed that this brand did not make the cut.” Yes, I’m neurotic, but who isn’t in this modern world? One of the things that always makes “Victoria’s List of Favorite Things” is champagne/sparkling wine. It’s one of my favorite-favorite things. When I found out that there are perfumes inspired by the world’s best beverage, my mind was blown – 2 of my favorite things together as one.
Champagne de Bois opens with brut aldehydes and citrus that bubbles like champagne. The effervescence is accented by a pretty floral spice. I noticed the sandalwood within 10 minutes. It’s rich. The heart is a spicy amber-sandalwood. And the scent remains linear in this way. It wears as a wonderfully spicy, warm, woodsy fragrance. This is one of my favorite sandalwood perfumes.
Notes listed include aldehydes, jasmine, clove, sandalwood, labdanum absolute, vetiver and amber. PERFUMER: Laurie Erickson
Give Champagne de Bois a try if you like woodsy fragrances. Or if you like perfumes like Guerlain Jicky, Caron Royal Bain de Caron, Fresh Citron de Vin, Etro Sandalo, and/or the original Bvlgari Omnia. Champagne de Bois is a unisex perfume. I prefer to wear it in cooler weather – late December and January. I have it figured out
Champagne de Bois has average projection and above average longevity.
This perfume was featured in my champagne perfume guide.
Champagne de Bois retails for $16-$60 depending on size at Sonoma Scent Studio.
Victoria’s Final EauPINION: Champagne and sandalwood. I love it.
Want more reviews? Try…
*Disclaimer – Sample provided by SSS. I am not financially compensated for this review. My opinions are my own. Product pic from Fragrantica. Greer Garson pic from www.fanpix.net
- Opus Oils Champagne Roses Tea Review
- Happy New Year’s Eve! Aura Bubbly Candle Review (2)
- Celebrate with EauMG’s Champagne Perfume Guide (12)
- April Aromatics Jasmina EDP Perfume Review (2)
- Madonna Truth or Dare EDP Perfume Review (4)
- The Lipstick League – Week of 6/10/13 (6)
- Lulah Magnolia Fig Body Lotion & Body Mist Review
- 1960′s Fashion – Get the Vintage Makeup Look of Britt Ekland (12)
- LUSH Gorilla Perfumes Furze EDP Perfume (2)
- EauMG’s Most Worn Perfumes Spring 2013 (14)
- Diptyque Eau Duelle EDT Perfume Review
- Clairvoyant Beauty Natural Perfume Review (2)
- John Varvatos Artisan Black EDT Fragrance Review