Reviva Labs Firming Eye Serum Review
The full name is Reviva Labs DMAE & Alpha Lipoic Acid & Vitamin C Ester Firming Eye Serum. We’re going to call it Firming Eye Serum for short
The claims: This product claims to reduce the appearance of wrinkles, puffiness and dark circles. It also claims to protect from future damage. And it does all of this while being quickly absorbed by thin, under eye skin.
The appearance, feel and fragrance: This Firming Eye Serum has a lightweight lotion or liquid feel. The serum is white and does not have a noticeable fragrance. The feel of the serum is lightweight and it absorbs quickly…just like it claims to do. Also, it comes in a glass pump bottle. I like this since I don’t consider jars very sanitary.
My skin type: Dry. My eye concerns include keeping the eye area hydrated and ready for concealer because nothing will get rid of dark circles. I’m a realist
My experience: When skincare lines claim to firm, I roll my eyes. It’s such a big claim! Firming isn’t my concern, but I can tell that this eye serum does temporarily firm. My under eye area feels firmer, tighter. My concealer applies wonderfully over this stuff in the morning. I do notice a difference when I use this, especially with puffy eyes (mornings after I had too much teriyaki the night before). This serum does not provide enough moisture for me, but to be fair it doesn’t claim to do that. And it’s a serum, so I assume they assume you’ll be using a cream over it. I use this in the morning before makeup. At night I use a heavy eye cream for more moisture. Overall, I’m very pleased with this eye serum and think it’s a great value. I’m also using it around the lip area and I notice a slight firming there as well. Dark circles? I still have them because of genetics and allergies.
Who may like this? If you are looking for a lightweight eye serum that temporarily firms or reduces puffiness, I recommend this. It’s not a miracle worker but I do notice a slight temporary firming when using this product. If you want a fast absorbing, non-greasy eye cream, try this. It’s “light” enough for the lid.If you want an affordable eye serum, this is it. How many other eye serums can you name that retail for under $20?
Who may not like this? If you want an eye cream that provides moisture, this is not for you. I also assume that if you have oily skin (I do not) that you wouldn’t like this. Oily skins may prefer an eye gel.
Oh, and Reviva Labs does not test on animals.
A 1 ounce pump bottle retails for $19 at Ulta. I’ve been using mine daily for over 7 months now and still have tons of product left.
Want more reviews? Try…
*Disclaimer – Product provided by Reviva Labs. I am not financially compensated for this review. My opinions are my own. Product pic from Ulta. Post contains an affiliate link. Thanks!
- EauMG’s Holiday Survival Kit
- Kahina Giving Beauty Eye Serum Review (4)
- Weekend Beauty Reads From the Beauty Blog Network (2)
- Mario Badescu Hyaluronic Eye Cream Review (6)
- Dior HydrAction Hydra-Protective Eye Creme SPF 20 Review (1)
- Cool As A Cucumber: A Cucumber Fragrance Collage (1)
- Richly Smooth: L'Occitane Shea Butter Ultra Rich Eye Balm (3)
- Cosmedicine Opti-Mologist Eye Cream with Light Diffusers is Like Glue
- I'm Addicted To Prescriptives Site Unseen Brightening Concealer
- Thierry Mugler A*Men EDT Fragrance Video Review (2)
- The Lipstick League – Week of 5/13/2013 (4)
- Neil Morris Fragrances Rainflower EDP Perfume Review
- 1960′s Fashion – Get the Makeup Look of Wanda Jackson (4)
- Serge Lutens Un Lys EDP Perfume Review (2)
- EauMG at Taste TV Artisan Fragrance Salon – Seattle 2013 – A Re-Cap (12)
- Ramon Monegal Lovely Day EDP Perfume Review (8)
- Caron Yuzu Man EDT Fragrance Review (2)
- Aftelier Secret Garden Natural Perfume Review (4)
- The Lipstick League – Week of 5/6/2013