Ramon Monegal Cotton Musk EDP Perfume Review
OK, here’s the most upscale “cotton” perfume on the market…
Musk opens as a soft dryer sheet rose with a hint of Jolly Rancher Apple. The scent eventually gets “fluffier” and reminds me of its name, “Cotton Musk”. It’s a clean, warm, musky cotton fragrance with a hint of white florals. It’s a super luxurious version of those cotton musk things that places like Bath & Body Works pipe out. The base is a powdery vanilla white musk that reminds slightly of Atelier Cologne Vanille Insensée but better.
Cotton Musk isn’t the strongest perfume in the line (meaning the most noteworthy), but it’s well done for a soft, white musk. I think many perfume people won’t be impressed by it but I think wealthy people that want to smell good will like it. It’s like a super upscale Donna Karan Cashmere Mist. I think of it as the “J.Crew Weekend” of perfumes. I’m not one to spend $150 on a sweatshirt since I rarely wear such things and I’d rather spend my money on pencil skirts or blouses. But, some people spend money on soft casual clothes since it fits with their lifestyle. They look cute in “Saturday pants” and baggy button-ups (I wish I was one of these people!). See pic below. This is what Cotton Musk is like…casual, relaxed and with a flawless manicure.
Notes listed include rose, royal gardenia, frankincense vetiver, vanilla, and white musk.
Give Cotton Musk a try if you are a fan of white musks or powdery perfumes. Or if you like perfumes like Atelier Cologne Vanille Insensée, Bath and Body Works Cotton Blossom, Donna Karan Cashmere Mist, CLEAN Warm Cotton, and/or The Body Shop White Musk for Women. If you like any of these and you are looking for an “upgrade”, try Cotton Musk.
Projection is average and longevity is above average.
The 1.7 oz bottle retails for $185 at Luckyscent.
Victoria’s Final EauPINION – Upscale cotton musk. This one is not me, but I can see that it has mass appeal as a soft, warm, musky perfume.
Want more reviews? Try…
Eyeliner on a Cat – Interview with Ramon Monegal
*Disclaimer – Sample provided by Ramon Monegal. I am not financially compensated for this review or any others. My opinions are my own. Product pic from Luckyscent. Isabella Rossellini from www.fanpix.net.
- Clean Provence EDP Perfume Review
- Aquatic Cotton? Bath & Body Works Sea Island Cotton Collection (1)
- April Aromatics Jasmina EDP Perfume Review
- Madonna Truth or Dare EDP Perfume Review (4)
- The Lipstick League – Week of 6/10/13 (6)
- Lulah Magnolia Fig Body Lotion & Body Mist Review
- 1960′s Fashion – Get the Vintage Makeup Look of Britt Ekland (12)
- LUSH Gorilla Perfumes Furze EDP Perfume (2)
- EauMG’s Most Worn Perfumes Spring 2013 (14)
- Diptyque Eau Duelle EDT Perfume Review
- Clairvoyant Beauty Natural Perfume Review (2)
- John Varvatos Artisan Black EDT Fragrance Review