Providence Perfume Co. Moss Gown EDP Perfume Review
Perfumer and mother, Charna Ethier, was inspired by the children’s book that she reads to her daughter, Moss Gown by William H. Hooks. This book is set in the bayous of the Deep South. Because of this, I expect something dark, muddy and possibly damp. Instead I get something sunny and bright; a country retreat for city-dwellers.
Moss Gown is a hay-like floral. I feel like at this stage if it were a color, it’d be yellow, like a goldenrod. With time, Moss Gown gets fruitier reminding me of apples and quince while keeping that feel of an open pasture. It’s like leaning against a fruit tree on a late summer day. There’s fresh florals but they aren’t distinctive to me, they are little colorful dots down the hillside. The dry-down of Moss Gown is a blanket of dry moss, “clean” cedar and patchouli.
Notes listed include sunflower essence, mimosa, cedarwood, South African chamomile, boronia, rose, coffee flower, narcissus, lilac, violet leaf, cedarmoss, sandalwood, and white cedarwood. Launch date 2012. PERFUMER – Charna Ethier
Give Moss Gown a try if you are looking for a natural chypre. Or if you like perfumes like Clinique Aromatics Elixir, Roxana Illuminated Perfume Hedera Helix, Ayala Moriel Ayalitta, and/or Estee Lauder Azuree. Moss Gown smells unisex to me. I do think Moss Gown has a natural quality to it that will attract fans of natural fragrances.
Moss Gown has average projection and longevity.
Victoria’s Final EauPINION – A pastoral natural chypre. Hay and my skin do not mix. So, Moss Gown wears slightly bitter and sour on me…I blame chamomile. If you have good luck with hay or chypres, try it.
Want more reviews? Try…
*Disclaimer – Sample provided by Providence Perfume Co. I am not financially compensated for this review. My opinions are my own. Product pic from Providence Perfume Co. Romy Schneider pic from www.fanpix.net. Beautyhabit is an affiliate link. Thanks!
- EauMG at Taste TV Artisan Fragrance Salon – Seattle 2013 – A Re-Cap (12)
- Aftelier Secret Garden Natural Perfume Review (4)
- Northwest Indie Perfumers Circuit at Blackbird – February with Phoenicia Perfumes (2)
- House of Matriarch Destiny Natural EDP Perfume Review (1)
- A Beautiful Life PoP EDP Perfume Review
- Charenton Macerations Christopher Street EDP Perfume Review
- Taste TV Presents Artisan Fragrance Salon in Seattle – May 5, 2013 (10)
- April Aromatics Liquid Dreams EDP Perfume Review (2)
- La Bella Figura Paris Natural Perfume Oil Review
- Aftelier Wild Roses EDP Perfume Review (4)
- Juara Candlenut Perfume Oil Review
- 1960′s Fashion- Get the Makeup Look of Leslie Caron (2)
- Jul et Mad Amour de Palazzo EDP Perfume Review (4)
- Neela Vermeire Creations Bombay Bling EDP Perfume Review (6)
- M. Micallef Royal Vintage EDP Perfume Review (4)
- Thierry Mugler A*Men EDT Fragrance Video Review (4)
- The Lipstick League – Week of 5/13/2013 (4)
- Neil Morris Fragrances Rainflower EDP Perfume Review
- 1960′s Fashion – Get the Makeup Look of Wanda Jackson (4)
- Serge Lutens Un Lys EDP Perfume Review (2)