Prada Candy EDP Perfume Video Review
When Prada announced they were working on a perfume called Prada Candy, many fumeheads were skeptical. Why would Prada start making fragrances for teens? Why would Prada jump on the cupcake wagon? Is this a joke? I’ve been happy with the Prada line. The original Prada is the closest fragrance that I have to a “signature”. Infusion d’Iris is wonderful and I like the masculines. I was more surprised by the name “Prada Candy” but not because I dislike sweet. It sounded so stripper to me. And yes, trashy. But, the note list sounded elegant so I couldn’t wait to try it.
Prada Candy opens with something that reminds me of Prada Infusion d’Iris but not really. It’s like sheer iris over dulce de leche. The top has a surprising effervescence that reminds me of a soda pop. Caramel is there but it’s in the background. A balsamic amber appears, a mix of resins like tolu and vanilla, and of course, an overdose of benzoin. The fragrance is sweet but not too sweet. I almost get a waxy licorice at the dry-down with the vanilla-benzoin “powder”.
I enjoy wearing Prada Candy. It’s the perfect cuddle scent. It’s inviting and soft to the touch like an angora sweater. My husband compliments me scent every time I wear it. Who can resist touching someone in an angora sweater? The fragrance wears fairly close to the skin but not too close, perfect really. It wears for about 6 hours on me. I actually purchased the 1 oz. bottle and it’s almost gone. I will be getting another bottle, a larger bottle.
Give Prada Candy a try if you want sweet but not too sweet or if you like perfume like Serge Lutens Une Bois Vanille (the closest comparison), Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille, Prada Infusion d’Iris EDP, Annick Goutal Ambre Fetiche, 1000 Flowers Reglisse Noire and/or Etat Libre d’Orange Archives 69. Something about Prada Candy is so “Prada” but not at the same time. It’s a great addition to their line.
Notes listed include caramel, powdery musks, vanilla and benjoin. PERFUMER – Daniela Andrier
I love the retro mod bottle. I have a makeup travel case from the early 1960′s that reminds me of this bottle. I really dislike the box packaging. It verges into Paris Hilton territory.
Victoria’s Final EauPINION - A dulce de leche over soft, cuddly incense. A “mature” sweet fragrance. Yes, I love this one. And I plan on buying the large bottle next time.
Want more reviews? Try…
Katie Puckrik - video review
*Post contains affiliate links. Product pic from Fragrantica
- Providence Perfume Co. Amber Cream Body Oil Review (3)
- Ramon Monegal Cuirelle EDP Perfume Review (9)
- Kerosene Copper Skies EDP Perfume Review
- Penhaligon’s Malabah EDP Perfume Review (4)
- Tauer Pentachord Auburn EDP Perfume Review (10)
- By Kilian Amber Oud EDP Perfume Review (8)
- Dior La Collection Privée Mitzah EDP Perfume Review (7)
- Vince Camuto for Women EDP Perfume Review (5)
- The Scent of Departure AUH Abu Dhabi EDT Perfume Review
- Ramon Monegal Mon Patchouly EDP Perfume Video Review (13)
- 1960′s Fashion- Get the Makeup Look of Leslie Caron
- Jul et Mad Amour de Palazzo EDP Perfume Review
- Neela Vermeire Creations Bombay Bling EDP Perfume Review (2)
- M. Micallef Royal Vintage EDP Perfume Review (4)
- Thierry Mugler A*Men EDT Fragrance Video Review (4)
- The Lipstick League – Week of 5/13/2013 (4)
- Neil Morris Fragrances Rainflower EDP Perfume Review
- 1960′s Fashion – Get the Makeup Look of Wanda Jackson (4)
- Serge Lutens Un Lys EDP Perfume Review (2)
- EauMG at Taste TV Artisan Fragrance Salon – Seattle 2013 – A Re-Cap (12)