Phaedon Cendres de Thé EDT Fragrance Review
When am I going to learn that tea scents and my skin do not mix? When am I going to learn that I would rather drink tea than try to smell like it?
Cendres de Thé opens with green cardamom that is fresh and spicy. It smells like cardamom green tea.When I read the note list, I expected a spicy “fall” scent. Instead Cendres de Thé is green, fresh and spicy. It’s better suited for warm weather. The heart is an astringent (slightly chemical-y) and bitter cedar. It’s more “steamy” than smoky. The dry-down is sheer, fresh, woody musks.
I tend to love cardamom in perfume; however, the cardamom in this is not enough to make the fragrance work for me. Overall, I’m really unimpressed with this fragrance. I usually dislike “fresh” woodsy tea things in general. This one is not an exception. Now there are people that like fresh-woodsy-tea stuff…maybe those people will like this.
Notes listed include cardamom, tea, myrhh, cedar, ho wood, and musk. Launch – 2011 PERFUMER - Pierre Guillaume
I don’t like Cendres de Thé but I can see how people would. It’s light and fresh. It’s a good choice for a conservative work environment or very warm climates. Give Cendres de Thé a try if you like perfumes like Bvlgari au Thé Blanc, Sonoma Scent Studio Fig Tree, Guerlain London, Calvin Klein CK One, L’Artisan Parfumeur Tea for Two, and/or Demeter Green Tea. Cendres de Thé is unisex.
Projection and longevity are below average for an EDT in my opinion. There is absolutely no sillage. This is a very sheer, light scent. Like I said before, probably best suited for summer or work environments.
The 3.4 oz bottle retails for $125 at LuckyScent.
Victoria’s Final EauPINION – Astringent cardamom tea and boring musks. I don’t like it but I tend to be very picky when it comes to “tea” scents. So many tea scents go <blech> on me.
Want more reviews? Try…
Basenotes – Member reviews
*Sample given to me by perfume pal, Brian. Product pic from Fragrantica. Tea pic is from Vixi.com
- Penhaligon’s Malabah EDP Perfume Review (4)
- Olfactive Studio Lumiere Blanche EDP Perfume Review (7)
- Neela Vermeire Creations Mohur EDP Perfume Review (5)
- Overview of Anjolie Ayurveda & Soap Review (2)
- Dorian + Dahl Killer Cupcake Perfume Oil review (2)
- Smell Bent Remix Incensed Short Fuse EDT Perfume Review (2)
- Parfumerie Generale No. 25 Indochine EDT Perfume Review (8)
- Miller Harris La Fumée EDP Perfume Review (3)
- Costume National Homme EDP Perfume Video Review (5)
- Obaapa Purple EDP Perfume Review (4)
- Madonna Truth or Dare EDP Perfume Review (2)
- The Lipstick League – Week of 6/10/13 (4)
- Lulah Magnolia Fig Body Lotion & Body Mist Review
- 1960′s Fashion – Get the Vintage Makeup Look of Britt Ekland (12)
- LUSH Gorilla Perfumes Furze EDP Perfume (2)
- EauMG’s Most Worn Perfumes Spring 2013 (12)
- Diptyque Eau Duelle EDT Perfume Review
- Clairvoyant Beauty Natural Perfume Review (2)
- John Varvatos Artisan Black EDT Fragrance Review
- EauMG’s Smell Diary – May 2013 (6)