Opus Oils Les Bohemes Dapper EDP Perfume Review
Dapper is a fragrance in Opus Oils’ Les Bohemes Collection, a collection based on themes and notes prevalent in the 1920′s. Dapper is the mandatory violet fragrance in such a collection.
Dapper opens as a violet, but not candied and not astringent. It’s interesting because it is bready. It reminds me of a violet muffin. Raspberry is there too, tart and delicious. Seriously, I have been inspired to make violet-raspberry muffins. Dapper is strangely gourmand with bread and tart raspberries which I didn’t expect from the notes listed. Because of this, I’m reminded of Serge Lutens. Being a good perfume, Dapper isn’t completely edible and not completely “literal”. Peaking through this violet-berry-bread is a dark, musty musk with smooth sandalwood. There’s a bit of greenness, but I wouldn’t describe Dapper as “green” unless the green is an “emerald velvet”. Actually this “green” is blonde tobacco, dried and musty. Dapper is a smooth and delicious perfume.
Notes listed include violet absolute, orris root, blond tobacco, sandalwood, and aged dark patchouli.
Give Dapper a try if you like violet or berry scents or perfumes like Van Cleef & Arpels Feerie EDP, Guerlain Insolence EDT, Calvin Klein Euphoria, and/or L’Artisan Parfumeur Verte Violette. Really none of these are very “close” to Dapper, but isn’t that a good thing! I’m pleased with the wear of Dapper, it wears for many hours.
Many sizes are available with prices ranging from $35 to $125 at Opus Oils. You can get Dapper in an oil or alcohol base. I reviewed the scent in an alcohol base and if I were to buy it, that’s what I’d get.
Victoria’s Final EauPINION – A violet-raspberry muffin with a smooth sandalwood base. I really like this one, highly recommended.
Want more reviews? Try…
*Disclaimer – A sample of this product was provided by Opus Oils. I am not financially compensated for this review or any others. My opinions are my own. Product label from Opus Oils. Black raspberry pic from Chiot’s Run, an organic gardening blog that I recommend.
- i Profumi di Firenze Melograno Selvatico EDP Perfume Review (4)
- L’Artisan Parfumeur Fleur de Liane EDT Fragrance Review
- Issey Miyake Les Eaux d’été EDT 2013 Summer Fragrance Review (2)
- Marc Jacobs Daisy EDT Perfume Review (7)
- Jimmy Choo EDP Perfume Review (4)
- Lady Gaga Fame EDP Perfume Review (10)
- By Kilian In the City of Sin EDP Perfume Review (8)
- Taylor Swift Wonderstruck EDP Perfume Review (4)
- Heeley Agarwoud Parfum Extrait Perfume Review (8)
- DSH Perfumes La Vie en Rose EDP Perfume Review (3)
- Neil Morris Fragrances Rainflower EDP Perfume Review
- 1960′s Fashion – Get the Makeup Look of Wanda Jackson (4)
- Serge Lutens Un Lys EDP Perfume Review
- EauMG at Taste TV Artisan Fragrance Salon – Seattle 2013 – A Re-Cap (10)
- Ramon Monegal Lovely Day EDP Perfume Review (8)
- Caron Yuzu Man EDT Fragrance Review (2)
- Aftelier Secret Garden Natural Perfume Review (4)
- The Lipstick League – Week of 5/6/2013
- Chanel Cristalle EDP Perfume Video Review (14)
- Becca & Mars Refresh Aromatherapy Blend Review (3)