Odori Iris EDT Fragrance Review
I’m finding that I really do love iris as a note, but I’m not easily impressed by perfumes that claim to be iris heavy. Why? Because, I only need a few good ones. Dior Homme, anyone? <wink wink> So, here I am, sampling Odori Iris.
Odori opens as a soft powdery heliotrope with almond. It wears very sweet and then I get a dusty orris root with time. It’s a little earthy but not too much. Eventually the orris becomes really sweet and powdery with amber and vanilla. It reminds me of an iris marshmallow. A dried out, but sweet iris marshmallow. My overall impression is that Odori Iris isn’t that it is “cool” or metallic. It’s very warm and sweet, but still unisex (and dry).
The fragrance is very close wearing and it’s an EDT so it doesn’t seem to last very long. I have a problem with this. See the price below.
Notes listed include star anise, heliotrope, ylang ylang, iris from Florence, amber, and bourbon vanilla.
Give Odori Iris a try if you must try every iris perfume ever or if you like sweeter iris scents or even floral ambers like Van Cleef & Arpels Bois d’Iris, Annick Goutal Ambre Fetiche, Juliette Has A Gun Calamity J, L’Artisan Iris Pallida (the new one), and/or Guerlain Shalimar Parfum Initial.
The 3.4 oz. EDT retails for $210 and is available at Parfums Raffy. I have noticed that this one is not easy to find. Aren’t they going out of business?
Victoria’s Final EauPINION – Reminds me of a dried out marshmallow with iris root. Not bad but not great. One must be fantastic to go around with a price tag over $200, right? AND it’s an EDT!
Want more reviews? Try…
And if you want to make purple “iris” marshmallows, here’s a recipe.
- Oscar de la Renta Esprit d’Oscar EDP Perfume Review (8)
- Beckham Signature for Women EDT Fragrance Review (2)
- Serge Lutens Datura Noir EDP Perfume Review (8)
- Sonoma Scent Studio To Dream EDP Perfume Review (7)
- DSH Perfumes Italian Splendor Alba EDP Perfume Review
- L’Artisan Parfumeur Verte Violette EDT Perfume Review (3)
- Smell Bent Dead of Winter EDT Fragrance Review (1)
- Lolita Lempicka Si Lolita EDP Perfume Review (10)
- Pacifica French Lilac Soap Review (15)
- Mainstream Monday: Lacoste Pour Femme EDP Pefume Review (1)
- April Aromatics Jasmina EDP Perfume Review (2)
- Madonna Truth or Dare EDP Perfume Review (4)
- The Lipstick League – Week of 6/10/13 (6)
- Lulah Magnolia Fig Body Lotion & Body Mist Review
- 1960′s Fashion – Get the Vintage Makeup Look of Britt Ekland (12)
- LUSH Gorilla Perfumes Furze EDP Perfume (2)
- EauMG’s Most Worn Perfumes Spring 2013 (14)
- Diptyque Eau Duelle EDT Perfume Review
- Clairvoyant Beauty Natural Perfume Review (2)
- John Varvatos Artisan Black EDT Fragrance Review