NEST Sir Elton John Woodside Garden Candle Review
Out of all of the people in the world, I would imagine that Sir Elton John has one of the best gardens on the planet. I’ve always thought this. His flair for color, flash, and luxury makes me think that he would have the most amazing technicolor garden ever. And he has the money to keep his garden fabulous, growing whatever he fancies. The NEST Woodside Garden candle is inspired by Elton’s favorite flowers from his floral gardens at Woodside in Old Windsor, England.
The Scent: The candle smells like an amazing fantasy bouquet of fresh flowers. (I say fantasy because hyacinth doesn’t last long cut and I’ve never lived in a place where hyacinth and jasmine bloom at the same time). The scent is dewy, heady and gorgeous. What stands out the most to me is the spring-like hyacinth and summery “green” jasmine. The florals are a perfect mix of spring and summer. This is a must try if you like dewy, crisp florals. And NEST does dewy so well.
Notes listed include hyacinth, freesia, rose and jasmine.
The Formula: Like all NEST candles, this one burns evenly and has amazing throw. In fact, I think this is one of NEST’s strongest candles. I know I’m not supposed to do this, but I only burn the candle for about 20 minutes at a time. It scents my entire house with 20 minutes of burn time. It turns my home into a luxurious garden without the expense of a gardener!
The Packaging: The packaging of this candle is gorgeous just like the Sir Elton John Holiday candle. The white wax candle is housed in a translucent chartreuse glass vessel wits the same regal gold crown as the Holiday candle. The box is literally a work of art and designed by calligrapher, Bernard Maisner.
This is the second collaboration between NEST and Sir Elton John. A portion of the proceeds benefit the Elton John AIDS Foundation. The two Sir Elton John candles have been great; I can’t wait to see more in the future.
I recommend this scent to anyone that enjoys dewy, spring-like floral fragrances or if you like home scents like NEST Blue Garden, NEST Pink Jasmine, NEST Periwinkle Hyacinth, Aromatique The Smell of Spring, or Lorenzo Villoresi Spring Blossoms.
The candle retails for $38 and is available at NEST.
Victoria’s Final EauPINION – A heady, dewy fantasy bouquet of hyacinth, jasmine and crisp rose. I really enjoy this candle. You can have a summer garden any time of the year without having a lot, a gardener or warm weather. FYI – If you are looking for a great spring home scent, I highly recommend NEST Peony Blanche. It’s my favorite home fragrance for spring.
Want more reviews? Try…
*Disclaimer – Product provided by NEST. I am not financially compensated for this review or any others. My opinions are my own. Product pic from NEST. Post contains an affiliate link. Thanks!
- EauMG’s Mother’s Day Gift Guide 2013 (7)
- Votivo French Candle Collection Review (2)
- NEST Pink Jasmine Candle Review
- Northwest Indie Perfumer Circuit at Blackbird – January with Rebel + Mercury (1)
- Votivo Floure Candle – Bright Leaf Tobacco Review (2)
- Votivo Holiday Candles: Reviews of Winter Cranberry & Dulce Caramelo (2)
- EauMG’s Holiday 2012 Gift Guide for Your Favorite Goth (10)
- Thymes Wildwood Candle Collection – Mini Reviews (4)
- Linnea Lights Luxe Gift Set Soy Candle Review
- NEST Fragrances Orchid Rain Candle for Jason Wu Review (1)
- April Aromatics Jasmina EDP Perfume Review
- Madonna Truth or Dare EDP Perfume Review (4)
- The Lipstick League – Week of 6/10/13 (6)
- Lulah Magnolia Fig Body Lotion & Body Mist Review
- 1960′s Fashion – Get the Vintage Makeup Look of Britt Ekland (12)
- LUSH Gorilla Perfumes Furze EDP Perfume (2)
- EauMG’s Most Worn Perfumes Spring 2013 (14)
- Diptyque Eau Duelle EDT Perfume Review
- Clairvoyant Beauty Natural Perfume Review (2)
- John Varvatos Artisan Black EDT Fragrance Review