NEST Grapefruit Candle Review
OK, I did not expect to love a grapefruit candle. And I definitely didn’t expect to love it so much. I usually don’t like citrus fragrances for the home or the body. Most citrus scents are too household cleaner for me. But, NEST Grapefruit has won me over. This is a sparkling fragrance that is optimistic and perfect for the home.
I was scared of the notes listed. Like I said, I’m not a citrus person and the thought of “watery green nuances” makes me cringe. NEST Grapefruit is a pretty citrus with just enough tartness. It isn’t too sour; it does smell “pink”. Grapefruit isn’t all pink grapefruit. It has a perfectly balanced amount of green spring florals. The end result is that Grapefruit comes across as optimistic but not obnoxious. It’s a pretty home fragrance that is inviting. It’s the kind of candle that I would burn when friends come over. It isn’t a “serious” fragrance. It’s hanging out, celeb gossiping, and drinking margaritas.
This candle burns evenly and slowly. The throw is awesome. I have the votive. I burned it for about 4 hours. An entire floor of my house was fragranced with the cheery scent of Grapefruit. The next day, almost 20 hours after burning the candle, I get off work, walk inside and smell Grapefruit. If panicked because I thought somehow I had let it burn while I was at work. That is absurd, but I’m paranoid like that. I rushed to the candle which looks like it has only been burned for a few hours. Wheew. I’m not a dope, this is just one fragrant votive!
Notes listed include pink pomelo grapefruit, watery green nuances, lily of the valley, and coriander blossom.
There are many sizes of Grapefruit. I have the votive that retails for only $14 at Candles Off Main. It’s a good sized candle for that price. This is the perfect little gift. I think everyone loves this scent.
*Disclaimer – Product was provided by Nest for review. I am not financially compensated for this review or any others. My opinions are my own.
- EauMG’s Mother’s Day Gift Guide 2013 (7)
- Votivo French Candle Collection Review (2)
- NEST Pink Jasmine Candle Review
- Northwest Indie Perfumer Circuit at Blackbird – January with Rebel + Mercury (1)
- Votivo Floure Candle – Bright Leaf Tobacco Review (2)
- Votivo Holiday Candles: Reviews of Winter Cranberry & Dulce Caramelo (2)
- EauMG’s Holiday 2012 Gift Guide for Your Favorite Goth (10)
- Thymes Wildwood Candle Collection – Mini Reviews (2)
- Linnea Lights Luxe Gift Set Soy Candle Review
- NEST Fragrances Orchid Rain Candle for Jason Wu Review (1)
- Neil Morris Fragrances Rainflower EDP Perfume Review
- 1960′s Fashion – Get the Makeup Look of Wanda Jackson (4)
- Serge Lutens Un Lys EDP Perfume Review
- EauMG at Taste TV Artisan Fragrance Salon – Seattle 2013 – A Re-Cap (10)
- Ramon Monegal Lovely Day EDP Perfume Review (8)
- Caron Yuzu Man EDT Fragrance Review (2)
- Aftelier Secret Garden Natural Perfume Review (4)
- The Lipstick League – Week of 5/6/2013
- Chanel Cristalle EDP Perfume Video Review (14)
- Becca & Mars Refresh Aromatherapy Blend Review (3)