Neova Smart Sunscreens Reviews
Neova is a skincare line found at dermatologists offices, plastic surgeons and med spas. Their DNA Damage Control sunscreen line is a line of sunscreen that is designed for skin types that have, frankly, spent years baking in the sun. This line contains ingredients to protect the skin from UVA/UVB damage while having anti-oxidant ingredients that help repair skin from free-radical damage.
I’ve tried all three products and here are my reviews:
*Quick reminder of my skin type: Dry but more normal-to-dry in warmer weather. My main concerns are with discolorations and sun damage.
DNA Damage Control Everyday for the Face SPF 44 – The active ingredients include octinoxate, octisalate, and zinc oxide. This formula is oil-free and is meant to be worn on the face. It lightly moisturizes so if you have normal skin, this should be enough of a moisturizer for you during the day. The 2.5 oz tube retails for $39.
The texture of this one is almost “fluffy”. It’s light but creamy. I find that it spreads easily and evenly. It is really difficult to use too much of this since it spreads so evenly. It does not leave a white residue on my skin at all. (I have that problem with so many sunscreens). I really like the feel of this sunscreen. I think that the texture works best for those with normal to dry skin.
DNA Damage Control Active SPF 43 – The active ingredients include octinoxate and zinc oxide. It’s water-resistant for 80 minutes and is meant to be worn on the body. A 3.0 oz tube retails for $46.
This is a white cream sunscreen that does not leave a whitish caste. The formula is thicker than the sunscreen for the face and needs to be rubbed in more thoroughly. Once on, it “sticks”. It doesn’t budge or feel greasy making it great for outdoor chores and sports. It has a faint “sunscreen” aroma. I would recommend it for normal skin types and for skins that sweat.
DNA Damage Control Silc Sheer 2.0 Photo Finish Tint SPF 40 – The active ingredients include octinoxate, titatinum dioxide, and zinc oxide. This one is water-resistant for up to 80 minutes. This sunscreen has a pearly tint. The 2.5 oz pump retails for $45.
This is my favorite of the 3 sunscreens that I tried. The texture is thick but not too thick. It feels like lotion, like Cetaphil. The tint is nice and keeps my face from looking ashy. Actually, this formula makes my skin look so good that I don’t wear foundation when I wear it. I just apply concealer with SPF under my eyes. It leaves a nice finish that isn’t too dewy but dewy enough for my liking. I wear it over an antioxidant serum by Paula’s Choice in the morning. I’ve had compliments on “radiant” skin while using this duo. I love the pump packaging.
All Neova sunscreens meet the new FDA “Broad Spectrum” standards effective in June 2012. There size makes them easy to travel with. While using all of these sunscreens, I did not notice a color change in my skin or an increase in freckles/sun damage. So, I assume it works. I can’t comment on the “free-radical” damage. How would I measure that?
You can find out more about the brand and where to buy at Neova.
*Disclaimer – Products provided by Neova’s PR. I am not financially compensated for this review. My opinions are my own. Product pics from Neova.
- Naked Princess Vanille Blanc Body Souffle Review
- EauMG’s Valentine’s 2013 Gift Guide (18)
- Strange Invisible Perfumes Lemon & Neroli Body Wash Review (2)
- Villainess Chloroform and Jade Soap Reviews (1)
- An Intro to Glossybox USA (6)
- Scentsy Layers Shower Cream & Body Lotion in Love Story Review (7)
- LaVanila The Healthy Deodorant Review (10)
- BijaBody Natural Daily Body Scrub & Serum Review (8)
- EauMG’s 2012 Valentine’s Day Gift Guide (4)
- Thymes Agave Nectar Body Wash & Hand Lotion Review (2)
- Neil Morris Fragrances Rainflower EDP Perfume Review
- 1960′s Fashion – Get the Makeup Look of Wanda Jackson (4)
- Serge Lutens Un Lys EDP Perfume Review
- EauMG at Taste TV Artisan Fragrance Salon – Seattle 2013 – A Re-Cap (10)
- Ramon Monegal Lovely Day EDP Perfume Review (8)
- Caron Yuzu Man EDT Fragrance Review (2)
- Aftelier Secret Garden Natural Perfume Review (4)
- The Lipstick League – Week of 5/6/2013
- Chanel Cristalle EDP Perfume Video Review (14)
- Becca & Mars Refresh Aromatherapy Blend Review (3)