Neela Vermeire Creations Mohur EDP Perfume Review
Neela Vermeire Creations Mohur is a difficult one for me to explain in words, it’s more of an experience sort of fragrance. I feel it fills a void that the fragrance world had before. It’s very complex (you should be able to get that from the note list) and intellectual; however, it’s gorgeous and effortless to wear. With many intellectual fragrances, I have to be in the mood for them. I’m always in the mood for Mohur.
Mohur opens with almond paste, rose and a hint of coolness from Indian spices and oud. It’s absolutely delicious and my nose is stuck to my wrist. There’s a genius addition of freshly grated carrots that add a cool, sweet, rooty earthiness. It wears a spiced cherry- blanched almond with a cuddly ambrette musk. The rose in this has fruity aspects of black currant. The rose is jammy, delicious…I want to eat it. Under all of this I pick up a subtle, soft leather with a blend of milky almond, rich woods and amber. I don’t find the base too powdery. It’s just right.
Notes listed include cardamom, coriander, ambrette, carrot, black pepper, elemi, Turkish rose oil, jasmine, orris, hawthorn, almond milk, leather, sandalwood, amber, patchouli, oudh, benzoin, tonka bean and vanilla. PERFUMER – Bertrand Duchaufour
Give Mohur a try if you are looking for a complex rose. Or if you like perfumes like Guerlain Nahema, Neela Vermiere Creations Trayee, L’Artisan Parfumeur Drôle de Rose, and Etat Libre d’Orange Nombril Immense. Really I haven’t tried anything else like it.
Victoria’s Final EauPINION – Almond cherry roses with leather. This could easily be one of my favorite “roses” ever. Well, at least in my top 5.
*Vegan Rose Water Almond Milk Pudding recipe at May I Have That Recipe. It’s one of my favorite recipe blogs.
Want more reviews? Try…
*Sample provided by Neela Vermeire. I am not financially compensated for this review or any others. My opinions are my own. Product pic from LuckyScent. Vegan Rose Water Almond Milk Pudding from May I Have That Recipe, a blog that I love.
- Penhaligon’s Malabah EDP Perfume Review (4)
- Olfactive Studio Lumiere Blanche EDP Perfume Review (7)
- Phaedon Cendres de Thé EDT Fragrance Review (2)
- Overview of Anjolie Ayurveda & Soap Review (2)
- Dorian + Dahl Killer Cupcake Perfume Oil review (2)
- Smell Bent Remix Incensed Short Fuse EDT Perfume Review (2)
- Parfumerie Generale No. 25 Indochine EDT Perfume Review (8)
- Miller Harris La Fumée EDP Perfume Review (3)
- Costume National Homme EDP Perfume Video Review (5)
- Obaapa Purple EDP Perfume Review (4)
- Jul et Mad Amour de Palazzo EDP Perfume Review
- Neela Vermeire Creations Bombay Bling EDP Perfume Review (2)
- M. Micallef Royal Vintage EDP Perfume Review (4)
- Thierry Mugler A*Men EDT Fragrance Video Review (4)
- The Lipstick League – Week of 5/13/2013 (4)
- Neil Morris Fragrances Rainflower EDP Perfume Review
- 1960′s Fashion – Get the Makeup Look of Wanda Jackson (4)
- Serge Lutens Un Lys EDP Perfume Review (2)
- EauMG at Taste TV Artisan Fragrance Salon – Seattle 2013 – A Re-Cap (12)
- Ramon Monegal Lovely Day EDP Perfume Review (8)