Narciso Rodriguez for Her EDT Délicate Perfume Review
Mainstream Monday: Sniffing a Popular (Limited Edition) Perfume:
For summer Narciso Rodriguez has launched Délicate, an eau de toilette “skin scent” and a Délicate EDP that contains oud. Both are limited edition.
Narciso Rodriguez Délicate opens as the same citrus floral you love from the original Narciso Rodriguez EDT. What is different? I get a milky yet green fig. There’s a spicy orange blossom that you recognize from the original EDT. And there’s the overdose of musk that you would expect from this line. The heart has orange blossom, musk and the “skank” of ripe black currants in the sun. The base is musky, toasted and sweet. It reminds me of toasted almonds, amber and “vanilla musk” with woods.
I really like this fragrance. This shouldn’t surprise you since you know I have a love of fig in fragrance. If you own the original Narciso Rodriguez in either the EDT or EDP format, you don’t really need this one. Unless you really like fig or would like something slighlty different (for example, NR EDP is your “signature” scent). I’ve always liked the NR for Her EDP but found it too heavy (read that as too sexy) for daily wear. I’m wearing the Délicate version; it’s not wearing me. (But, it’s still sexy.)
Notes listed include bergamot, fig, musk, osmanthus, orange blossom, vetiver, amber, coriander, and vanilla. PERFUMER – Aurelien Guichard
Give Narciso Rodriguez for Her Délicate a try if you like perfumes like the original Narciso Rodriguez perfumes, Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Universalis Forte, Amouage Dia Woman, and/or Gucci for Women.
This scent is meant to be light. In the summer, I find it has average projection and longevity for an EDT. I get over 8 hours of wear. However, many people find the longevity of this one sub par in comparison to the original EDT.
This limited edition also has a “opalescent shimmer”. I have not noticed this on my skin. But, glitter sweats through my pores so how would I ever notice?
The 4.2 oz limited edition bottle retails for $102 and is available at Nordstrom.
Victoria’s Final EauPINION – The musky orange blossom one would expect from a Narciso Rodriguez for Her EDT with the addition of summer fig and fruits. It’s a nice change and something one can easily wear from summer to winter.
Want more reviews? Try…
Fragrantica - Member reviews
*Disclaimer – Product provided by Narciso Rodriguez. I am not finacially compensated for this review. My opinions are my own. Product pic from Fragrantica. Marilyn Maxwell pic from www.fanpix.net. Post contains an affiliate link. Thanks!
- Caron Yuzu Man EDT Fragrance Review (2)
- EauMG’s Most Worn Perfumes Summer 2012 (7)
- Huitieme Art Ciel d’Airain EDP Perfume Review (2)
- Jonathan Adler Pop Collection Candles – Mini Reviews (7)
- Opus Oils Absintheo Perfume Oil Review (7)
- Sonoma Scent Studio Fig Tree EDP Perfume Review (14)
- Villainess Blood and Jai Mahal Soap Reviews (2)
- Lucy B Royal Green Fig & Vanilla Woods EDP Perfume Review (7)
- Parfums DelRae Bois de Paradis EDP Review
- Infusion Organique Buddha’s Fig Scent Diffuser Review (4)
- 1960′s Fashion- Get the Makeup Look of Leslie Caron
- Jul et Mad Amour de Palazzo EDP Perfume Review
- Neela Vermeire Creations Bombay Bling EDP Perfume Review (2)
- M. Micallef Royal Vintage EDP Perfume Review (4)
- Thierry Mugler A*Men EDT Fragrance Video Review (4)
- The Lipstick League – Week of 5/13/2013 (4)
- Neil Morris Fragrances Rainflower EDP Perfume Review
- 1960′s Fashion – Get the Makeup Look of Wanda Jackson (4)
- Serge Lutens Un Lys EDP Perfume Review (2)
- EauMG at Taste TV Artisan Fragrance Salon – Seattle 2013 – A Re-Cap (12)