LUSH The Smell of Weather Turning EDP Perfume Review
I’ve never really experienced a perfume like LUSH The Smell of Weather Turning. Like many LUSH perfumes, it’s odd. Many of the Gorilla perfumes are “odd” but The Smell of Weather Turning is especially odd. It’s more of an experience than a perfume. It goes through so many changes during the wear making it one of the moodiest and most saturnine perfumes to touch my skin.
The Smell of Weather Turning opens with this cooling peppermint hay that reminds me of wormwood. Under the blast of cold, there’s a warmth that reminds me of old-fashioned floor wax and wine barrels. But, really, it’s the living herbs and refreshing mouthwash peppermint that I notice the most within the first 30 minutes of wear. I then get a warm, dry hay. And tumbleweeds. The Smell of Weather Turning turns into a warm, waxy woodsy scent and wears this way on my skin for many hours.
Notes listed include oakwood, hay, beeswax, nettle, English peppermint, and Roman chamomile.
The Smell of Weather Turning really is an unusual fragrance. It’s an odd one and I can’t really compare it to many other fragrances. The dry-down is a little more familiar, think like Serge Lutens Chene. I view The Smell of Weather Turning as a masculine scent but I know plenty of women that wear it.
Like so many other LUSH fragrances, The Smell of Weather Turning has above average projection and longevity. It has some sillage too. If you find it too loud, there’s a solid available.
The Smell of Weather Turning comes in a few sizes. The 1 oz. bottle retails for $50 at LUSH.
Victoria’s Final EauPINION - A moody fragrance that starts out minty and like an absinthe cocktail and then ends up smelling like oak barrels and tumbleweeds. It’s a weird one and I can’t say that you’ll love or hate it, but I can say it’s worth trying if you find other perfumes too safe and boring.
Want more reviews? Try…
Basenotes - Member reviews
*Sample purchased by me. Product pic from LUSH. Marianne Faithfull pic from www.fanpix.net. Post contains an affiliate link. Thanks!
- LUSH Prince Triple Orange Blossom Shaving Cream Review (2)
- LUSH Flying Fox Shower Gel Review (8)
- A Few LUSH Bubble Bars Review (2)
- LUSH Ladyboy EDP Perfume Review (14)
- LUSH Love EDP Perfume Review (5)
- LUSH Dear John EDP Perfume Review (4)
- LUSH 1000 Kisses Deep EDP Natural Perfume Video Review (6)
- EauMG’s 2011 Holiday Gift Guide for the Chic Hipster (17)
- A 2011 Holiday Gift Guide for Your Sweet Niece (9)
- Patchouli Pits – LUSH Aromaco Natural Deodorant Review (9)
- 1960′s Fashion- Get the Makeup Look of Leslie Caron
- Jul et Mad Amour de Palazzo EDP Perfume Review
- Neela Vermeire Creations Bombay Bling EDP Perfume Review (2)
- M. Micallef Royal Vintage EDP Perfume Review (4)
- Thierry Mugler A*Men EDT Fragrance Video Review (4)
- The Lipstick League – Week of 5/13/2013 (4)
- Neil Morris Fragrances Rainflower EDP Perfume Review
- 1960′s Fashion – Get the Makeup Look of Wanda Jackson (4)
- Serge Lutens Un Lys EDP Perfume Review (2)
- EauMG at Taste TV Artisan Fragrance Salon – Seattle 2013 – A Re-Cap (12)