Loving Linden: A Lovely List of Linden Fragrances.
Linden/linden flower is such a pretty, bubbly, and flirty scent. It is one of my favorites for spring and summer and lately I haven’t been able to get enough of it. It’s a slightly honey-ish floral in a honeysuckle way and tart like a lime blossom. It brings back sweet memories of linden tea and linden honey in early summer. If you are a fan of citrus blossom fragrance then I think you’ll love linden like I do. I love this scent but it can be difficult to “find”, so that’s why I’ve put this “collage” together. I want to help myself and others find a place to start when finding that perfect linden based fragrance.
Budget Linden: I have raved about it before for its true linden-ness, Le Provence Santé Tilleul/Linden. It retails for $27 for a big, simple looking bottle. This is an EDT so lasting power isn’t so great but it smells amazing. This is the “truest” linden fragrance that I have found, it is a single note. Tokyomilk Pafum has a gorgeous floral linden with delicate touches of rose and wisteria, Waltz (I have raved about this one also). This scream femininity and retails for $28 for 1 ounce. It comes in a really cute bottle. A nice white floral linden blend is Voluspa Floraison Linden Blond Tabac, it’s a heady blend of tuberose and linden. It’s ultra femme and flirty. The 1 ounce cute travel spray goes for $18. Demeter has a Linden that goes for $20 for 1 ounce. It smells lovely but the lasting power isn’t hot. I hate to include a limited edition fragrance, but MAC has a nice one for $25, Naked Honey, it is a bit like sweet linden honey. I recommend trying it while you can.
More Expensive: A complicated but beautiful linden that contains notes of lily of the valley, ylang-ylang, and vetiver, Pafrums DelRae Début EDP, $135 for 1.7 ounces. A fruity, “young” feeling linden is Trance Essence Whyte Rabbit which retails for $90 for the largest bottle, a roll-on oil is also available and is cheaper. I love the playful, bubbly floral of L’Artisan Parfumeur La Chasse Aux Papillons EDT. It is a fun floral with linden, citrus blossoms, and jasmine. It’s so beautiful and I find myself using it frequently. This retails for $95. I like the “moodiness” of Annick Goutal Eau de Ciel. It’s a wet and rainy blend of linden, violet, and iris. It goes for $115. This fragrance contains linden but is heavy on lots of other stuff like aquatic and wood notes, Estee Lauder Pure Linen Light Breeze. It manages to be playful and fresh with linden blossom. The largest bottle goes for $72.
This is my “beginners” list, if you have any others to share, please do. I am always on the “smell-out” for linden based fragrances. They just make me happy.
- Annick Goutal Grand Amour EDP Perfume Review (4)
- Annick Goutal Passion EDP Perfume Review (8)
- Annick Goutal Les Nuits d’Hadrien EDP Perfume Review (7)
- Annick Goutal Songes EDP Perfume Review (8)
- Annick Goutal Le Jasmin EDP Perfume Review (2)
- Annick Goutal Encens Flamboyant EDP Perfume Review (10)
- Annick Goutal Eau de Charlotte EDT Fragrance Review (5)
- Annick Goutal La Violette EDT Fragrance Review (13)
- Annick Goutal Mandragore EDT Fragrance Review (10)
- Annick Goutal Tubereuse EDP Perfume Review (11)
- Arquiste Flor y Canto EDP Perfume Review
- April Aromatics Jasmina EDP Perfume Review (4)
- Madonna Truth or Dare EDP Perfume Review (4)
- The Lipstick League – Week of 6/10/13 (6)
- Lulah Magnolia Fig Body Lotion & Body Mist Review
- 1960′s Fashion – Get the Vintage Makeup Look of Britt Ekland (14)
- LUSH Gorilla Perfumes Furze EDP Perfume (2)
- EauMG’s Most Worn Perfumes Spring 2013 (14)
- Diptyque Eau Duelle EDT Perfume Review
- Clairvoyant Beauty Natural Perfume Review (2)