LaVanila The Healthy Deodorant Review
Yeah, it’s time to talk about my pits again. I’ve been on a search for a natural deodorant for years now. My pits are so sensitive to commercial or “heavy duty” stuff. I don’t care about an anti-perspirant. I’ll sweat it out. All I ask is for something that keep me from being stinky. Those crystals are a joke on me. The LUSH ones are difficult for me to use even though I like their scents. Other brands have been OK but not good enough for me to repurchase.
LaVanila The Healthy Deodorant (quite a claim in the name, really) is a deodorant with naturally derived ingredients. There are no parabens, petro-chemicals, or (the big one for me) aluminum. Let me say this, since it appears that reviewers on Sephora don’t get it – This is a deodorant and not an anti-perspirant. It will not stop you from sweating. You will sweat when using this. This may mean that your clothes will appear damp depending on how much you perspire. This deodorant only claims to cover up odor with scent and some anti-bacterial ingredients. If you fear wetness or sweat more than you like, don’t buy a deodorant. The end.
The product: The deodorant comes in a “standard” deodorant container with a twist up case and tight fighting lid. It is white but I haven’t noticed any deodorant stains on my clothes.I haven’t experienced any stickiness or anything like that with the formula. It does apply “cool” which doesn’t bother me.
The scent: This deodorant comes in 6 fragrances. I tested Vanilla Grapefruit, and you guys know how I am about citrus…not a fan. Vanilla Grapefruit is a sulfuric borderline kitty piss and vanilla-lavender scent to me. It used to bother me but now I’m over it. People pay good money for sulfuric grapefruit scents. I have never been one of those people. I think Vanilla Grapefruit is a much better masculine scent. But, really, don’t sweat the small stuff The scent doesn’t really linger around on me or maybe I’ve become used to it.
My experience: This has been a great formula for my skin and chemisty. No odors. It’s been very effective and does everything I want it to. My pits aren’t sensitive. My only complaint is the scent. But, after visiting a Sephora, I sniffed the others and they are more pleasant to me. The Vanilla Grapefruit scent is not for me at all. Luckily, the scent doesn’t linger. The other downside is the price. It’s the most expensive deodorant that I’ve ever used. However, I predict that this tube could last me a few months easily. I’m willing to pay that for a deodorant if it works for me. Frankly, I’m tired of searching. I will purchase this in the future. But, I’ll buy a different scent like Vanilla Coconut.
I have a question for the fumeheads reading, do you wear scented deodorants? Or do you prefer unscented? I find that I rarely notice the added fragrance in deodorants once I’m wearing them.
Want more reviews? Try…
*Disclaimer – Product provided by LaVanila’s PR. I am not financially compensated for this review or any others. My opinions are my own. Product pic from Sephora. Grapefruit from Duarte Trees & Vines. Post contains an affiliate links. Thanks!
- Naked Princess Vanille Blanc Body Souffle Review
- EauMG’s Valentine’s 2013 Gift Guide (18)
- Neova Smart Sunscreens Reviews (1)
- Strange Invisible Perfumes Lemon & Neroli Body Wash Review (2)
- Villainess Chloroform and Jade Soap Reviews (1)
- An Intro to Glossybox USA (6)
- Scentsy Layers Shower Cream & Body Lotion in Love Story Review (7)
- BijaBody Natural Daily Body Scrub & Serum Review (8)
- EauMG’s 2012 Valentine’s Day Gift Guide (4)
- Thymes Agave Nectar Body Wash & Hand Lotion Review (2)
- Juara Candlenut Perfume Oil Review
- 1960′s Fashion- Get the Makeup Look of Leslie Caron (2)
- Jul et Mad Amour de Palazzo EDP Perfume Review (4)
- Neela Vermeire Creations Bombay Bling EDP Perfume Review (6)
- M. Micallef Royal Vintage EDP Perfume Review (4)
- Thierry Mugler A*Men EDT Fragrance Video Review (4)
- The Lipstick League – Week of 5/13/2013 (4)
- Neil Morris Fragrances Rainflower EDP Perfume Review
- 1960′s Fashion – Get the Makeup Look of Wanda Jackson (4)
- Serge Lutens Un Lys EDP Perfume Review (2)