Jimmy Choo EDP Perfume Review
Mainstream Monday – Sniffing a Popular Perfume
Chanel Allure Sensuelle, Escada Magnetism, Calivn Klein Euphoria, Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb, Carolina Herrera 212 Sexy, Valentino V, Max Mara. When most of these were launched, I was in college. Jimmy Choo, with its grenade-ish bottle and pink snake print box is soooo 2004. Yes, I said that with the Cher Horowitz/Clueless voice in my head (and that is soooo not 2004).
Being sooo 2004, isn’t a good or a bad thing. I’m just stating facts. It’s been a very long time since I sniffed Flowerbomb. Jimmy Choo reminds me of how I remember Flowerbomb. Jimmy Choo is a sweet, fruitichouli thing. It reminds me of Chanel Chance and 15 million other perfumes that the girls wore when I was in college. Jimmy Choo is sticky sweet. It’s syrupy. It smells like mixed fruit in heavy syrup. Sugar, sugar, sugar. Take that back. Syrup, syrup, syrup. Think Escada Magnetism. And it’s all over caramel covered patchouli. It’s a fruitichouli to the core. This isn’t a bad thing but you should expect it.
This perfume does not tell the Jimmy Choo story. It could have any celeb or pop star’s name on it. It isn’t unique to the brand. If this perfume is an extension of the Jimmy Choo story, it’s saying “Our heyday is over and we’re still living in our little Sex & the City dreamland.” It’s like the The Carrie Diaries of fruitichoulis.
Notes listed include green notes, tiger orchid, toffee, and Indonesian patchouli. Launch date 2011. PERFUMER – Olivier Polge
Give Jimmy Choo EDP a try if you like fruitichoulis or fruity florals with lots of patchouli. Try it if you like Chanel Chance, Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb, Calvin Klein Euphoria EDP, Aquolina Pink Sugar Sensual and/or Mugler Angel.
Jimmy Choo is a female “club” scent. Maybe I just think that because I was 20 when all those other fruitichouli perfumes were launched. It have above average projection and longevity.
Victoria’s Final EauPINION – Flowerbomb wannabe. I don’t dislike scents like this. But, I’m “so over” them. I guess I feel if I want this, I’ll wear CK Euphoria. It does the best on my skin out of this genre.
Want more reviews? Try…
Basenotes – Member reviews
*Sample came with a purchase. Product pic from polyvore. Sex and the City pic from Coventry Telegraph. Post contains affiliate links. Thanks!
- John Varvatos Artisan Black EDT Fragrance Review
- Etro Greene Street EDT Perfume Review (2)
- Chanel Cristalle EDP Perfume Video Review (16)
- Issey Miyake Les Eaux d’été EDT 2013 Summer Fragrance Review (2)
- Women’s Spring/Summer 2013 Fashion Trends + Perfume (10)
- Balenciaga Paris EDP Perfume Review (2)
- EauMG’s Guide to Emerald Perfumes for 2013 (12)
- Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme EDT Fragrance Review
- Weekly World Fumes: March 28th, 2013 (2)
- Marc Jacobs Daisy EDT Perfume Review (7)
- Arquiste Flor y Canto EDP Perfume Review
- April Aromatics Jasmina EDP Perfume Review (4)
- Madonna Truth or Dare EDP Perfume Review (4)
- The Lipstick League – Week of 6/10/13 (6)
- Lulah Magnolia Fig Body Lotion & Body Mist Review
- 1960′s Fashion – Get the Vintage Makeup Look of Britt Ekland (14)
- LUSH Gorilla Perfumes Furze EDP Perfume (2)
- EauMG’s Most Worn Perfumes Spring 2013 (14)
- Diptyque Eau Duelle EDT Perfume Review
- Clairvoyant Beauty Natural Perfume Review (2)