HEELEY Cardinal EDP Perfume Review
Heeley Cardinal is a “church” incense fragrance. Unlike others in this genre that I’ve sniffed, Cardinal has a brightness, it’s optimistic and sunlight shines through the stained glass.
Cardinal opens with citrus and pine-like aldehydes. It has a “brighter”, crisp incense opening – lemon/frankincense/tons of aldehydes. The heart is ” church incense” or at least how imagine church incense would smell (I really don’t know). The incense is dry. Overall this is a simple, pure, “clean” incense fragrance. The dry-down is a powdery, dry incense with ambergris.
There are so many churchy incense perfumes available these days. Cardinal seems “lighter” and “brighter” than the others that I have tried. It’s very much a literal church incense except this one shows some rays of light. When people ask me about incense perfumes like this, I say to get samples of a few and choose the one that brings back the best memories for you.
Notes listed include incense, cistus, grey amber, patchouli and vetiver. Launch date 2006.
Give Cardinal a try if you are looking for a “church” incense fragrance. Or if you like perfumes like any of the CdG Incense Series, Estee Lauder White Linen, Montale Full Incense, Olivier Durbano Citrine, and/or Etro Messe de Minuit. Cardinal is unisex and really is a good incense for warmer climates since it has a crispness that almost reminds me of fresh linen.
Projection and longevity are average for an EDP.
The 3.4 oz bottle of Cardinal retails for $180 at MiN NY.
Victoria’s Final EauPINION – Lucent, dry incense. Nice but I’m not really searching for this right now (Messe de Minuit is my favorite “church” incense, I like the dank stuff).
Want more reviews? Try…
Fragrant Reviews - Simple, perfect review.
*Sample provided by MiN NY. Product pic from MiN NY. Seville Cathedral pic from Wikipedia.
- Prada L’Eau Ambrée EDP Perfume Review (4)
- Diptyque Tam Dao EDT Perfume Review (7)
- Huitieme Art Ciel d’Airain EDP Perfume Review (2)
- Opus Oils Les Bohemes Heavy Sugar EDP Perfume Review (8)
- Hermes Eau des Merveilles EDT Review (8)
- Paco Rabanne Ultraviolet Man EDT Men’s Fragrance Review (9)
- Juliette Has A Gun Calamity J EDP Perfume Review (23)
- M. Micallef Royal Vintage EDP Perfume Review (4)
- Thierry Mugler A*Men EDT Fragrance Video Review (4)
- The Lipstick League – Week of 5/13/2013 (4)
- Neil Morris Fragrances Rainflower EDP Perfume Review
- 1960′s Fashion – Get the Makeup Look of Wanda Jackson (4)
- Serge Lutens Un Lys EDP Perfume Review (2)
- EauMG at Taste TV Artisan Fragrance Salon – Seattle 2013 – A Re-Cap (12)
- Ramon Monegal Lovely Day EDP Perfume Review (8)
- Caron Yuzu Man EDT Fragrance Review (2)
- Aftelier Secret Garden Natural Perfume Review (4)