Heeley Agarwoud Parfum Extrait Perfume Review
OK, I can hear you grumbling. Another oud by a niche brand? Yep. I grumbled too. I’m sick of oud, rose-oud, oud for dudes, oud is good because it’s so expensive, etc. Heeley Agarwoud is different than other rose-ouds that I’ve tried. Somehow this oud wears as a pretty, pretty princess oud on me. It’s not dirty or aggressive. It’s actually really pretty.
Heeley Agarwoud opens with a fruity blueberry rose with woods. To my surprise the opening is bubbly and effervescent with fruits and roses. The oud in this is not dirty. The oud actually leans towards an indolic, sweeter floral…like oud jasmine. The heart is a soft rose floral with fruits. I still get an overripe blueberry. The base dries down to soft woods. This is the cleanest oud I’ve ever tried. It’s almost comes across as an oud for traditional brides. This cleanliness will gain Agarwoud some fans and it will push away “hardcore” oud lovers.
Notes listed include oud, rose, amber, and incense.
Give it a try if you are looking for a not-so-aggressive oud. Or if you like perfumes like YSL Paris (seriously), Givenchy Dahlia Noir, Creed Love in Black, and/or Maison Francis Kurkdjian Oud. Agarwoud is unisex, leans feminine on my skin. If you are looking for a “dirty” oud, don’t try this. If you want to like oud fragrances, but find most of them offensive to your nose, try Agarwoud.
Agarwoud is an extrait, a parfum. I find that it has average projection and disappointingly below average longevity. I’m lucky to get 4 hours of wear out of this before it completely fades away.
The 1.7 oz spray of Agarwoud retails for $230 at MiN NY.
Victoria’s Final EauPINION – Fruity floral oud. This is the pretty, pretty princess of the world of oud perfumes. It’s nice, not me. I am disappointed in how quickly it fades. This could be me, but I hear others complain about it as well.
Want more reviews? Try…
Basenotes - Member reviews
*Sample provided by MiN NY. Product pic from Basenotes. Mary Brian pic from www.fanpix.net
- i Profumi di Firenze Melograno Selvatico EDP Perfume Review (4)
- L’Artisan Parfumeur Fleur de Liane EDT Fragrance Review
- Issey Miyake Les Eaux d’été EDT 2013 Summer Fragrance Review (2)
- Marc Jacobs Daisy EDT Perfume Review (7)
- Jimmy Choo EDP Perfume Review (4)
- Lady Gaga Fame EDP Perfume Review (10)
- By Kilian In the City of Sin EDP Perfume Review (8)
- Taylor Swift Wonderstruck EDP Perfume Review (4)
- DSH Perfumes La Vie en Rose EDP Perfume Review (3)
- DSH Perfumes DAWN Pretty & Pink EDP Perfume Review (7)
- Jul et Mad Amour de Palazzo EDP Perfume Review
- Neela Vermeire Creations Bombay Bling EDP Perfume Review (2)
- M. Micallef Royal Vintage EDP Perfume Review (4)
- Thierry Mugler A*Men EDT Fragrance Video Review (4)
- The Lipstick League – Week of 5/13/2013 (4)
- Neil Morris Fragrances Rainflower EDP Perfume Review
- 1960′s Fashion – Get the Makeup Look of Wanda Jackson (4)
- Serge Lutens Un Lys EDP Perfume Review (2)
- EauMG at Taste TV Artisan Fragrance Salon – Seattle 2013 – A Re-Cap (12)
- Ramon Monegal Lovely Day EDP Perfume Review (8)