Halle Berry Reveal EDP Perfume Review
The Mainstream Monday: Sniffing A Popular Perfume
Halle Berry has launched her 3rd fragrance, Reveal, this February, more info here.
Reveal is a light woody floral. The opening is a pretty and almost tropical blend of plumeria. I get a bit of bubbly mimosa. It smells to me like florals on a hot, summer evening. There are fruits but they are really understated on me, mingling with the florals. I do get something that reminds me of red currants. This “red berry” accord reminds me of a subtle version of the red berry accord present in Mugler Womanity. Halle Berry smells like berries, is this surprising? Underneath all of this, there is warmth. It really does smell bronze to me. Under the tropical florals and the red berries, there is a warm musk and sun dried woods. The dry-down reminds me very much of Ferragamo Incanto Bloom.
Reveal isn’t a breathtaking, original fragrance, but it is pretty and sure won’t offend. And I think it smells pretty darn good for the $30 price tag. It smells better than mainstream juices double that at the department store. It’s a good scent. It’s a fruity-floral with a warm woodsy base that isn’t juvenile. For a celeb fragrance, Reveal isn’t bad. It doesn’t smell like “pink cocktail” or cotton candy accord. But, Reveal isn’t innovative either.
Give Halle Berry Reveal a try if you are looking for a light, woodsy floral or if you like perfumes like Ferragamo Incanto Bloom, Very Wang Preppy Princess, Victoria’s Secret Very Sexy, and/or Estee Lauder Beautiful Sheer. Halle Berry Reveal in my opinion, is better than any of the fragrances that I’ve listed. Maybe I’m partial to Reveal’s price.
Notes listed include mimosa, plumeria, iris blossom, neroli, honeydew melon, peach, red berries, vetiver, cashmere woods, and skin musk.
Surprisingly, the bottle isn’t bad. It really does look like the picture above. Impressive for a drugstore, big box fragrance, huh? The cap, including the “jewel”, is plastic. Not much of a surprise being that all fragrances, even Guerlain and Caron, have cheap plastic tops these days
The 1 oz. retails for $28 and the 1.7 for $35. Halle Berry Reveal can be purchased at Drugstore.com.
Want more reviews? Try…
The Scented Salamander (not a review, but more info, including Halle’s favorite perfume)
Fragrantica (member reviews)
*Disclaimer – This product was provided by Halle Berry Reveal’s PR firm. I am not financially compensated for this review or any others. My opinions are my own. Post contains an affiliate link. Thanks!
- The Vagabond Prince Enchanted Forest EDP Perfume Review (3)
- Juliette Has A Gun Miss Charming EDP Perfume Review (8)
- NEW – Infusion Organique Roll-On EDP (4)
- Bath & Body Works Dark Kiss Body Lotion Review (12)
- Mistral Wild Blackberry EDP Perfume Review (16)
- Thierry Mugler Womanity EDP Perfume Review (16)
- Victoria’s Secret Supermodel EDP Perfume Fragrance Review (2)
- Aromatique Citrus Plum Berry Home Fragrance Refresher Oil (2)
- Blackberry Season: A Blackberry Fragrance Guide (1)
- Giorgio Armani Bronze Mania Summer 2009 Makeup Collection
- 1960′s Fashion- Get the Makeup Look of Leslie Caron
- Jul et Mad Amour de Palazzo EDP Perfume Review
- Neela Vermeire Creations Bombay Bling EDP Perfume Review (2)
- M. Micallef Royal Vintage EDP Perfume Review (4)
- Thierry Mugler A*Men EDT Fragrance Video Review (4)
- The Lipstick League – Week of 5/13/2013 (4)
- Neil Morris Fragrances Rainflower EDP Perfume Review
- 1960′s Fashion – Get the Makeup Look of Wanda Jackson (4)
- Serge Lutens Un Lys EDP Perfume Review (2)
- EauMG at Taste TV Artisan Fragrance Salon – Seattle 2013 – A Re-Cap (12)